I get wall posts, messages and photo comments regularly on Facebook and the app for my Storm doesn't ever update me on them. Is there a reason why? I tried reinstalling it twice to see if it would fix itself, but it hasn't...anyone know?
    01-22-09 02:11 PM
    I thought it only updated what you did, not anyone else? I just use the mobile site for that
    01-22-09 02:12 PM
    I thought it only updated what you did, not anyone else? I just use the mobile site for that
    Oh, really? When I first started using it it would update me on a message I got once in a while but then it stopped altogether. o.0

Oh well, the mobile site is better anyway, I think.
    01-22-09 02:15 PM
    I get updates on my facebook app for my wall posts, messages and such. I don't know if this will work, but I know there is a mobile setting in facebook itself. Maybe try going to those settings and playing with it. I really don't know but I thought maybe try this. I hope you get it up and running correctly!
    01-22-09 02:16 PM
    Mine give me a Facebook notification any time someone comments on my wall, my status, a picture, or if someone comments on something after I do.

Maybe a Facebook cache thing?
    01-22-09 02:17 PM
    The BB Facebook app is kind of odd.

It really only intercepts the email notification that is sent by facebook and instead of getting the email notification on your BB, it comes in the form of a Facebook notification.

Check the following:

1. Your account that gets your Facebook notifications is pushed to your BB.
    2. You have your notifications turned on in Facebook.
    3. If both are good to go, then delete the facebook app from your BB. Go into your BB, reset your notifications using IE or a regular browser. Make sure you you follow #1, then reinstall the Facebook app.

If you follow those steps, you should receive your facebook notifications again through the BB client. That is what I did, and it works just fine.

BTW.....I use gmail for mine.
    01-22-09 02:22 PM
    I figured out the problem...in notification settings there's an On/Off button for Facebook for BB, mine was off and I turned it on. I hope that works.

Thanks guys.
    01-22-09 02:24 PM
    Mine give me a Facebook notification any time someone comments on my wall, my status, a picture, or if someone comments on something after I do.

Maybe a Facebook cache thing?
    That how mine works also.
    01-22-09 02:25 PM
    also, check in your Facebook account that you are receiving notifications via e-mail. Then log out of your FB on BB, log back in, and under options uncheck "Leave email notification messages on mail server"
    I've had the problem in the past, and that fixed it.

Good luck!!
    01-22-09 02:30 PM
    haha, mine obv. hasn't been working properly.. I just thought that was how it was.. I didn't really see the point of the app since nothing else updated I was actually going to delete it
    01-22-09 02:40 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD