I recently updated to the new version of FB on my Curve. For some reason it won't sync with my contacts. The "Connect your facebook account with, BB Calender application, BB Message application, and BB Contacts application" are all checked. I would love to have my contacts synced, anyone else have this problem and know the solution?

Cheers!
    -steve
    06-08-09 12:28 AM
    I had the same issue. I downloaded the first one from App World. It was unable to sync to my address book. I unsinalled it, then reinstalled Facebook by going to Facebook.com. There's a link that allows you to download Facebook on your mobile device. After the install it refreshed my friends list, and synced my contacts again.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-08-09 01:25 AM
    I just uploaded the new facebook app too and it still only syncs with my some of my contacts! Help?!
    06-08-09 01:14 PM
    I had several new contacts that were added today. It didn't add them right away. I refreshed my Friends list in the Facebook app. It eventually synced them about 15 minutes later.

06-08-09 01:35 PM
    I the reason that you may be having that problem is that Facebook only recognizes the name that the person you are trying to sync used. So if your friend is Joe Blow Sr. and you have him listed as J. B. Blow Sr. then it will not recognize him. It does look for phone numbers and certain info that matches the sight but it is a no go if there are more than one person with similar data.
    06-08-09 08:54 PM
    Mine recognizes them by the Email address. If the their Email address for Facebook matches the one I have in my address book, then it syncs them. I have several contacts where the name I gave them in my address book is slightly different from the one they have on Facebook.

06-08-09 09:33 PM
    thank you!!!
    06-08-09 10:34 PM
    Depends on how you have then set up in your address book and how their info can be viewed... Phone number, e-mail, etc...

06-09-09 02:05 AM
    I tired to unistall and reinstall FB, but no luck. Any chance that its because of Wireless Sync? I'm connected to a BES
    06-09-09 01:25 PM
    bump

I had it and now its gone, I have another bb doing the same thing

The option to enable it is grayed out
    07-07-09 11:41 AM
    I have had my IT help, wiped the device, installed, uninstalled the latest Facebook app. I tried adjusting all of my security permissions, etc. I can no longer sync my calendar and contacts. Please advise. Thanks.
    07-14-09 02:31 PM
    I have had my IT help, wiped the device, installed, uninstalled the latest Facebook app. I tried adjusting all of my security permissions, etc. I can no longer sync my calendar and contacts. Please advise. Thanks.
    Wow, you must have a cool IT Department or be very high up on the food chain. we would laugh at anyone coming in complaining of issues on their BlackBerry device...LOL

For the record, mine is doing it too. Kinda sucks too, it was a neat feature.
    07-28-09 10:40 AM
    Any solution of this issue....? Can any one help me please...
    08-05-09 08:50 AM
    I am having the same problem as klnpublishing.

I use to sync with contacts and calendar, then i had to get a new storm... b/c the phone sucks... and now it won't sync with either and it's greyed out. I also use an enterprise server, and our IT department also has no idea what the issue is, verizon doesn't know what the problem is, i've also removed the app and reinstalled it, and i've changed almost every setting and security i can and tested it over and over... nothing.
    Please help!
    08-17-09 03:04 PM
    we need to get on Facebook to update the app.
    08-17-09 03:14 PM
    im beginning to think this has something to do with using BES on the blackberry. My tour would sync my facebook contacts with my phone contacts and since i started using BES now Calendar and COntacts are greyed out and the pics on my contact list wont update ( thats how i noticed it in the first place ).
    08-20-09 10:55 PM
    I have a new Tour with 1300+ contacts, when I visited the Facebook App it automatically synced my facebook acct with my contacts. My issue is it didn't sync correctly and now the Facebook name listed isn't the correct name for the contact. Has any had this problem and how did you fix it? The Facebook name in the contact info cannot be edited. Also what is the best calendar to sync with the Tour? I'm trying to set something up that can be sent to my Tour as well as my wifes. Thank you in advace for your help!
    09-10-09 09:08 PM
    I just got an 8900 and I was having issues with some of my contacts being recognized and not others. There doesn't seem to be a rhyme or reason, but if I went in and added the e-mail addresses they had listed on Facebook then it found them immediately. Some, it seemed to find just by the phone number listed, but not others.

It was only a slight PITA since I don't have a ton of contacts entered yet.
    11-21-09 03:26 PM
    I just got a new Curve 8330 and none of my contacts will sync.

11-21-09 05:57 PM
    I'm bumping this thread, any solutions about syncing? I'm having the same issue... I have to manually sync them and when I do it jacks up my sms tone.. I only fixed the sms tone issue when I did a battery pull.. it's quite annoying!
    12-01-09 09:24 AM
    Other phones manage this much better. Theres no reason this shouldn't work properly. I have some contacts that are synced and some that aren't. It doesn't make sense. The app should be smart enough to understand when its close enough of a match. If its not close enough, then it should ask you..."is this the same as this contact........if so.......do you want to sync?" "yes". Done.
    12-05-09 03:44 PM
    It would be helpful to know if those of you syncing are on an exchange or bes server?

When I first got my Curve it synced my facebook contacts with my Curve contacts, then I updated the facebook app and now, nothing. I have deleted my exchange email and facebook and re-installed facebook. Still nothing. I deleted facebook, re-installed, wiped the phone, updated the software, still nothing. The check boxes are greyed out, so I thought it was my exchange server, but even with the email deleted, it is still greyed out?

I tried deleting the app downloaded from Blackberry App world and Installing the one from facebook.com and now it states "my device does meet the system requirements that are needed to support facebook". By the way, the facebook.com site gives an option to download version 1.6, which synced my contacts, though on mine I got the same message as above.
    12-18-09 08:47 AM
    I'm having this same issue with my 9700, OS 5.0 and BES connected. The options to sync contacts is grayed out. Anyone come up with any solutions? Thank you.
    12-23-09 12:09 PM
    I am having the same issue Flick. I am on tmobile...it worked fine until activating my exchange server...now calander and contacts are greyed out.
    02-03-10 02:16 PM
    Does anyone who can help with these issues ever contribute? Looks like i'm another in a long list here of BB users with the greyed out check boxes for synching calendar and contacts with Facebook. I too am connected through enterprise server. Have also exausted the uninstall / reinstall routine.
    02-06-10 05:41 PM
28 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD