I waited for 1.5 in hope that it would be a worthwhile upgrade but when it (and 1.6) arrives whilst better they still do not do the most basic of things, for example.

When I get a message or a notification or a photo comment or anything the app sends me a nice message saying that I have a notification/message/comment but does not actually tell me what the bl**dy message is so I then have to navigate to the mobile site to see what someone has actually said.

Rant over or am I missing something?
    06-30-09 05:26 AM
    Yes you are way off base. Might want to delete the app and do a fresh install.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-30-09 05:44 AM
    Absolutely delete and re-install. Facebook 1.6 isn't the best app ever, but it's definitely a lot more functional than yours is apparently being right now.
    06-30-09 05:47 AM
    So you do get the content of notifications and messages?

I'll try a reinstall
    06-30-09 06:08 AM

I'll try a reinstall
    ive reinstalled a few times and still nothing over here, using the storm 9530 with a hybri os, im thinking of downgrading the os and trying that.
    06-30-09 07:30 AM
    The 1.6 app i dont like at all i downloaded the 1.5 version a lot better.
    06-30-09 08:07 AM
    Just reinstalled now need to wait for a status update or something to test it.
    06-30-09 08:13 AM
    The other weird thing is that I have FB notifications to email me whenever I get a comment etc and the email address is pushed to my BB as well as being accessed via my computer. These notification emails however never get pushed to my BB but are recieved on my computer ??????
    06-30-09 08:53 AM
    Reinstalled and still not working. Just tells me that someone has sent me a message but does not actually show me the message contents.

Is it possible to the uninstall did not remove everything? The desktop icon was in the same place when I reinstalled

06-30-09 11:48 AM
    i've had no troubles with 1.6. the only thing i wish is the ability to upload multiple photos onto facebook and upload videos...or is this already possible?
    06-30-09 11:54 AM

I'll try a reinstall
    Yes, 1.6 will give you the content of the notification, the date and time, even the prifile pic and a box to respond/comment back right there.
    06-30-09 12:22 PM
    Reinstalled 1.6 and all my calendar entries disappeared from my today page again (as they did with 1.5)

Fixed it, deleted the FB app and never want to see it again.
    06-30-09 02:04 PM
    My FB app works fine, although I do have the issue of my email notifications never making to my BlackBerry. They are in my INBOX when I log into my Gmail account on a computer, but never on my BlackBerry. Oh well, I'd just delete 'em anyways.
    06-30-09 03:42 PM
    Also if someone responds to a link you posted or a pic or whatever it is only a notification so and so commented on your link pic etc.
    06-30-09 04:39 PM
    I did have the leaked FB 1.5 for a while when it came out and I suspect it could be involved in my issues somewhere?

I am on mac and desktop manager does not work that well on parallels so I'm guessing a wipe is out of the question?
    06-30-09 05:43 PM
    Wait... My 1.6 doesn't even show my notifications! *off re-installing*
    06-30-09 07:17 PM
    I thought this was just how the app was designed to work? I can't view my inbox, I can only send messages. I can't view my wall (at least not as it s when I'm on a comp). I can't see anyone else's wall, but I can write on them.

etc, etc.

Is this not how the app works for everyone?

06-30-09 11:54 PM
    Most my options came up that I had set. I can't recall any that didn't come in. I'm on OS 5 now so I couldn't tell ya, but it worked fine for me. Its Myspace that gives me the most problems.

07-01-09 11:15 AM
    Reinstalled 1.6 and all my calendar entries disappeared from my today page again (as they did with 1.5)

Fixed it, deleted the FB app and never want to see it again.
    People, all you have to do once you install facebook is revert your default calendar from facebook back to what you had it at previously. This has been known since day one.
    07-01-09 01:00 PM
    I thought this was just how the app was designed to work? I can't view my inbox, I can only send messages. I can't view my wall (at least not as it s when I'm on a comp). I can't see anyone else's wall, but I can write on them.

etc, etc.

Is this not how the app works for everyone?

So, seriously, am I supposed to be able to do these things? I thought the app was just designed to be incomplete?

07-01-09 04:47 PM
    Why's wrong with chocolate fire guards? I keep one in the kitchen just in case along with my solar-powered flashlight.
    07-02-09 12:04 AM
    Chocolate fire guards are overrated

I just switched Bold-8900 this week so have been abl to go with a clean FB 1.6 install. No change, any notifications recieved just tell me that xxx has done xy and z but do not actually show me the content. At least the email updates contain the content but they are not getting through to my BB as the app is intercepting them and showing them as FB messages (with no content) I have turned off message integration in options which I hope will at least solve this problem.

When you see the quality of twitter apps this is frustrating.
    07-04-09 04:08 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD