I have had my curve for about 6 months maybe more now. from the get go the facebook app has been touch and go. sometime is will give me all my notifications, other times just some. but as of the last week or so i do not get any of my notificatinos... anybody have any ideas why? and is there a way other then deleting and reinstalling the app to solve this problem? thanks

JP
    11-17-08 12:09 PM
    The first time I installed Facebook, it would notify me of notifications of messages and stuff, but after a week, it doesn't tell me anything anymore. I have to go to the mobile site. I don't know why.
    11-17-08 12:23 PM
    Try updating to newest version and double check what mobile notifications you have turned on at main site.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-17-08 12:32 PM
    I am having a similar problem (I think), recently my Sprint Curve 8330 was doing the constant blinking hour glass icon. After a little research on here, I believed that it was happening due to the Facebook application. I did try the FB application and let the BB restart and the problem did go away.

After making sure the problem didn't start again, I decided to reinstall the application (since I did like the convenience of it) but was intending to be more mindful to delete the messages/notifications on the main screen as not to get too many built up.

Well, that doesn't appear to be a problem for me anymore because it seems that I am not getting any notifications or messages from Facebook to my BB. I checked the Mobile application link on the standard site from my desktop browser and I did notice that all of the texts are turned off, but I can't remember if there were ever on when I was actively receiving Facebook messages on my BB.

I am not sure if the problem is on my side of this or if it is Facebook Mobile App. I would be most interested in hearing if anyone else had this problem and how it was resolved.
    11-17-08 12:35 PM
    As of now, the Facebook app is the devil on BlackBerries. I suggest to everyone that they delete it until a new version comes out with some of the bugs fixed...
    11-17-08 12:38 PM
    I am having a similar problem (I think), recently my Sprint Curve 8330 was doing the constant blinking hour glass icon. After a little research on here, I believed that it was happening due to the Facebook application. I did try the FB application and let the BB restart and the problem did go away.

After making sure the problem didn't start again, I decided to reinstall the application (since I did like the convenience of it) but was intending to be more mindful to delete the messages/notifications on the main screen as not to get too many built up.

Well, that doesn't appear to be a problem for me anymore because it seems that I am not getting any notifications or messages from Facebook to my BB. I checked the Mobile application link on the standard site from my desktop browser and I did notice that all of the texts are turned off, but I can't remember if there were ever on when I was actively receiving Facebook messages on my BB.

I am not sure if the problem is on my side of this or if it is Facebook Mobile App. I would be most interested in hearing if anyone else had this problem and how it was resolved.
    This echoes my experience with the facebook app to a t! I haven't gotten any notifications within the last 2 weeks or so, but at least the hourglass hasn't come up in a while. :X

11-17-08 01:01 PM
    This echoes my experience with the facebook app to a t! I haven't gotten any notifications within the last 2 weeks or so, but at least the hourglass hasn't come up in a while. :X

Welllllll, I went into Mobile settings of Facebook from my desktop and set ALL of the text notifications to on with no time limitations. I just had a Notification on the Facebook that I showed up on the web and nuttin on the BB.

It seems that I am no longer getting any kind of notifications on my BB. I might as well just delete the App off the phone. I have been hearing a lot that it's a problematic app to have installed and since it's not nearly working like it did/should, I think it is going to have to bite the dust for now.
    (If they can make the FB app work like the iPhone's version I might try it again then)
    11-17-08 01:35 PM
    I noticed this weekend that I had stopped getting my Facebook notifications in the app. After some digging, I found out I was also not getting e-mail notifications. Since I wasn't getting the e-mails, the application can't know there is something new.

I went on my computer, and discovered that my notifications preferences had all been turned off. Verify that FB is actually sending e-mails before saying the problem is caused by the local application.

11-17-08 01:41 PM
    Wow, thanks for the responses. Prior to this posting I had checked my notifications and done all that stuff. I was still recieving emails from my school email via bis email client until the school changed the app. this is something i know i have to change, so i know that is not related to the fb app. i get my gmail email on the 3rd party client fine. so this must be a facebook issue. maybe if this topic gets enough attention they will release the fb 1.5 app sooner then expected (announcement was on crackberry.com homepage today) until then i guess all we can do is complain

JP

ps how can i get my status changed from newbie to user or something other then what it is... i have had this phone for 6months and would not consider myself a new user....
    11-17-08 01:54 PM
    ps how can i get my status changed from newbie to user or something other then what it is... i have had this phone for 6months and would not consider myself a new user....
    I think it is about the number of posts you make, not the time that you have owned the phone.
    11-17-08 02:00 PM
    That facebook app does suck. The first time I had it I didnt like it at all. Now I'm using the myspace app in I see why it took it to come out. I'm really loving the Myspace app.
    11-17-08 02:02 PM
    I noticed this weekend that I had stopped getting my Facebook notifications in the app. After some digging, I found out I was also not getting e-mail notifications. Since I wasn't getting the e-mails, the application can't know there is something new.

I went on my computer, and discovered that my notifications preferences had all been turned off. Verify that FB is actually sending e-mails before saying the problem is caused by the local application.

I removed the app from my phone and was ready to say good riddance (picture spitting on the ground here) to the Facebook BB app but after reading this post I also checked my e-mail notification settings on the general account settings and noticed that they were ALL off too. I am not sure what caused this, but I broke down like a weak techophile and reinstalled the app with the notification e-mail settings turned back on.

Now I am just waiting to either get a FB App message on my BB or get one on the website and then once again say good riddance to the App.

We will seeeeeeee!
    11-17-08 02:11 PM
    I think it is about the number of posts you make, not the time that you have owned the phone.
    You are correct, 500 is addict, 1000 is Master, 1500 is Genius and 5000 is Genius of Geniuses or your choice of title. Off topic threads do not count as posts...
    11-17-08 02:16 PM
    I removed the app from my phone and was ready to say good riddance (picture spitting on the ground here) to the Facebook BB app but after reading this post I also checked my e-mail notification settings on the general account settings and noticed that they were ALL off too. I am not sure what caused this, but I broke down like a weak techophile and reinstalled the app with the notification e-mail settings turned back on.

Now I am just waiting to either get a FB App message on my BB or get one on the website and then once again say good riddance to the App.

We will seeeeeeee!
    Hopefully it works, I just reenabled notifications. It is odd that they got turned off...

Good luck.

11-17-08 02:18 PM
    Anyone have thoughts on this:
    Does downloading the Facebook App turn off the e-mail notifications on the Account Settings?

Reason I ask, as I stated above I turned on the e-mail notifications that I found to be off and saved. I re-downloaded the FB App and signed in as I have done before. Now I just checked the e-mail notifications on my account settings and they are all back off again.

I wonder if the site assumes that if you are running the FB Mobile App, that you don't need to get the notification e-mails since they SHOULD be coming through the app now.

Thoughts?.......

**Another Follow-up Edit** - After turning them back on again AFTER the app was downloaded and running, the 3 test ones that I turned on are once again set to off. I am thinking that it HAS to be the mobile app that is telling the system (somehow) to turn them off. Yessh, I am confuzzed!!!
    Last edited by DocMarten98; 11-17-08 at 02:25 PM.
    11-17-08 02:21 PM
    WOW! I have nvr had a problem with the FB app...untill this am!! How fuk'd is that! lol But yea its just like everyone elses...no notifications to my Berry till I go to the mobile site! lol I always said FB was the devil! BOOO-UUUURRRNNNSSSSS! lol
    11-17-08 02:29 PM
    FB app works fine on my Curve 8300 with OS 4.5. It's a bit bare-bones, but I get the notifications just fine...
    11-17-08 03:02 PM
    FB app works fine on my Curve 8300 with OS 4.5. It's a bit bare-bones, but I get the notifications just fine...
    That's my main problem with the FB app on Blackberry. As an ex-iPhone user, I find the BB version of the app to be a total waste of time. It hardly has any features.

12-27-08 05:54 AM
    I havent had any problems with my fb, keeping fingers crossed so it doesn't start now. I have an ipod touch and have seen the fb app via it and it blows away what is available for our bb's. Why can't facebook get this right. Anyone listening to us bb user's. FIX IT FACEBOOK!
    12-27-08 11:34 AM
    mine came with the facebook app, i don't even bother to use it since i have already have the facebook app on my ipod touch
    12-27-08 02:12 PM
    Might be a little off topic but I installed facebook on my 8320 curve and I want it off. I found out that my psycho ex is on there. Imagine Sybil with a blackberry and unlimited text/minutes. Anyway, how do I unstall the app? I've tried the DM and Crackmem but it won't go away.
    01-02-09 02:39 AM
    options / advanced options / applications / high light facebook application / tap the menu key and select delete
    01-02-09 09:47 AM
    I have had my curve for about 6 months maybe more now. from the get go the facebook app has been touch and go. sometime is will give me all my notifications, other times just some. but as of the last week or so i do not get any of my notificatinos... anybody have any ideas why? and is there a way other then deleting and reinstalling the app to solve this problem? thanks

JP
    As far
    As I know facebook notifications run through email notifications. Turn on all email notifications and make sure that email runs through your bb and it will reroute everything through the application

01-02-09 09:53 AM
    Im not asking for an identical copy of the Ipod version, but cant we have something at least somewhat similar? :/
    01-02-09 10:18 AM
    If I had to take a guess I would say this might be related to the 4.5 OS...before everyone started doing upgrades (myself included) I would get notifications now I don't. Maybe there is a compatibility issue there? Everything looks fine on the app. In 4.5 but the notifications just aren't there.

01-02-09 11:37 AM
35 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD