Hi,
    So many friends and people from 'the interweb' are constantly asking me everyday about why, when they have the Facebook application installed on their devices is it not working.
    Before telling you the reason, I would like to include that most of the 'casual' users in Pakistan do not have a service plan (referred to simply as BIS BlackBerry Internet Service) Note please, that this is NOT simply a GPRS or data package to be able to use the internet cheaply. It links you to the RIM's servers too(as much as I've heard) and only then can you use certain applications, like for example, Facebook, Google Maps, BlackBerry Maps (not available in Pakistan by the way) etc etc...

The Facebook App developed by RIM only works through the internet (as of yet), specifically through RIM's servers, which is only accessible if you have BIS/BES. So if you don't have BIS service activated through your carrier, you'll have to access Facebook through your browser (htt://mobile.facebook.com), or via 3rd party applications, such as Snaptu, eBuddy etc...
    For users in Pakistan, I'll provide the charges for carriers available. Note, BIS is only available on PostPaid plans, no matter which carrier you choose.

Mobilink: Rs. 1,000 + tax/month
    Telenor: Rs. 1,000 + tax/month
    Warid Telecom: Rs. 1,000 + tax/month
    Ufone: Rs. 1,000 including tax/month
    Last edited by syedhaiderhshah; 04-19-11 at 02:46 AM. Reason: more information
    04-19-11 12:57 AM
    Hmm...when you're paying Rs 1000 for the service, I guess it shouldn't hurt to pay the Rs 167 worth of tax now should it?
    04-19-11 10:43 AM
    This wasn't exactly rocket science. All carriers clear the above matter up if you call customer care.
    Don't you guys have the one year advance rental plan??
    In india the unlimited BIS plan is for 899/mo, but you can choose to pay 6999/ advance payment for the whole year and you get the same plan. Comes out to around 580/mo approx. Don't know what the exchange rate for INR to PKR is, but it seems a good deal to me.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-19-11 01:15 PM
    it is definitely a good deal.
    about earlier, people don't do too much research. it's easier to post questions then to spend time looking if it has already been answered.
    04-20-11 05:09 PM
    the point is, how can we use FACEBOOK app on Warid BIS service plan? I've seen people fb from Zong and Ufone...and what warid says,its banned by the PTA so they will be penalized. Anyone using FB app having warid services and how?
    05-04-11 02:05 PM
    bro m using ufone blackberry services..but the problem tht m facing i cant use fb on bb services nd when i call helpline tht person said tht fb is banned by pta company so when pta unblock the fb in pakistan then u can u use it....u hve any fix of ths problem...
    11-26-11 10:30 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD