Hey I'm new to the forums, i have had my blackberry curve 8530 for about a month now and to start off , I love the phone but I am having one problem with Facebook, i am not receiving any notifications anymore, i and getting emails just fine and everything just no notifications from Facebook, any suggestions?
    03-31-10 01:08 PM
    Same Here!

Not getting Noticfications
    03-31-10 01:17 PM
    Did you put your email address that you use to sign into Facebook into your Curve?
    03-31-10 01:23 PM
    I am using the same email address
    03-31-10 03:23 PM
    I am also using the same email address. i have shut down and pulled the battery and gave it a few min to restart, My App is up to date and everything. Thats why i am at a loss , but thank you for the suggestion!
    03-31-10 03:50 PM
    Facebook servers in conjunction with Blackberry are always wonky. I don't get notifications until maybe two hours after they're posted.
    03-31-10 04:01 PM
    Yeah, mine were always a little bit late. now they just aren't coming at all. hahaha
    03-31-10 04:02 PM
    From Facebook :

I'd say it's most likely either a memory or APN issue w/ your phone. How much free memory do you have on your phone? Do you have a lot of different applications and/or themes installed? If so, you might try deleting all those you don't really use/need. Also, I've found some applications that cause issues w/ your APN connections and can prevent you from receiving emails after a time
    03-31-10 04:57 PM
    The most common cause is that people either don't have their Facebook account configured to send notifications to their BlackBerry email address, or don't have the email address they have defined in Facebook set up in BIS.
    03-31-10 05:00 PM
    If you're using your BlackBerry email address, go to the following link and make sure under "Contact Email" you have your BlackBerry email address defined:

https://register.facebook.com/editaccount.php
    03-31-10 05:00 PM
    i have 100.3 MB of App Memory and 1.8 Gb on my card. i have around 4-5 apps that i have installed at the most not very many, and i only have the theme that came with my phone :/
    03-31-10 05:01 PM
    Also check this link and make sure where it says "Email me at" that is has your BlackBerry email address.

Login | Facebook

If any other email address shows up in either of those links, then Facebook notifications aren't going to work, UNLESS you have whatever email address does show up set up in your BlackBerry Internet Service (BIS) settings
    03-31-10 05:01 PM
    and i use the same email ( my gmail account ) for my facebook as i have coming to my blackberry.
    03-31-10 05:02 PM
    thank you for the links, i checked them both and they are configured to the right email. I was getting notifications just fine last week and throughout the weekend. They have just all of a sudden stopped coming to my phone :/
    03-31-10 05:04 PM
    Work it works for you because nothing worked for me.
    03-31-10 05:07 PM
    Well it USED to work for me haha, now its not thats why i posted this. I have everything configured right and all that so for now i guess i just have to check them manually.
    03-31-10 05:10 PM
    just a question...did u setup a folder for facebook messages in ur gmail? i did that n i didnt get notification...so i delete & got back my notification...
    04-03-10 05:23 AM
    no i didnt. I literally changed my email from my old account (hotmail) to the account synced with my BB (gmail) and i was getting them fine, and then one day they just stopped. So i also have my school email sent to my BB, so i changed my setting on FB to send notifications to that email and it worked. so i am guessing it has something to do with my gmail account?
    04-03-10 01:38 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD