I installed the Facebook app on my 9700 and began having a problem with my Outlook calendar syncing. I noticed that when I went into the calendar options it listed Facebook as my default calendar and in the Default Services it showed the same. In neither case was I able to change it. I went into the Service Book and deleted the Facebook [CICAL] which fixed the problem but it seems to come back.

I called TMO tech support but I guess they replaced all level 1 support people with people who just know how to type a question in a search box. They have been no help and refuse to send up the latter. (that's another issue)

So, has anyone else run into this and if so were you able to correct the issue?

TIA
    12-03-09 06:17 AM
    You go into the facebook app options and uncheck under "extra permissions" granting it access to your bb calender.

I had a similar problem (not sure if it was caused by fb or not) but had to go into the calender on my phone, options, and turn the wireless reconcile on.

Maybe that will help? Good luck.
    12-03-09 07:50 AM
    You need to go into you Options/Advanced Options/Default Services and change the CICAL to your other one other than Facebook. That will fix your problem.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-03-09 08:51 AM
    You go into the Facebook app options and uncheck under "extra permissions" granting it access to your BB calender.

I had a similar problem (not sure if it was caused by FB or not) but had to go into the calender on my phone, options, and turn the wireless reconcile on.

Maybe that will help? Good luck.
    You must be using BES because I don't have the option available with BIS

You need to go into you Options/Advanced Options/Default Services and change the CICAL to your other one other than Facebook. That will fix your problem.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    That was the first thing I tried but wasn't able to change it.

Thanks for the comments though.
    12-03-09 01:10 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD