Anyone elses Facebook Application notifications not working at all in their Torch/BB 6?
    09-07-10 12:05 PM
    I haven't been getting FB notifications on my Torch for a week or so. Don't know why. I would do a battery pull and see if that fixes it, but I have the Otterbox case on it and I'm too lazy to take it off. haha . If that works. let me know. Thanks
    09-07-10 01:01 PM
    I *think* it may be FB. I noticed I wasn't getting all (some, but not all) of my notifications on my 9550 via FB app or SocialScope over the weekend. Then I checked my email box and noticed that the email notifications, that I usually never check, also hadn't been coming in.
    09-07-10 01:03 PM
    My notifications are all working normally.
    09-07-10 01:06 PM
    I believe it might be FB also. I deleted then re-installed the FB app and they worked for a day then stopped.
    09-07-10 01:43 PM
    I've had similar experiences in the past and I'm fairly confident that it's on Facebook's end. When it happened for me only certain notifications would get through. I deleted, reinstalled, checked my facebook settings on my pc then on my bb after a reinstall and I'm not sure if it helped. It did clear up soon enough, but not right away.
    09-08-10 03:52 AM
    The new push api is definitely a little buggy
    09-08-10 08:50 AM
    I know this solution is out there. Please search. Go into FB on a PC and delete the FB BB app under app settings. Logout on your BB if necessary and login again. They should work at that point.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-08-10 09:18 AM
    I know this solution is out there. Please search. Go into FB on a PC and delete the FB BB app under app settings. Logout on your BB if necessary and login again. They should work at that point.

I don't think that will cure the partial notifications problem, which seems to be rooted in the app's move to push notification.

When I get a message or a friend confirmation or when someone comments on my status or a photo or video I've posted, I get notified. I don't get notified anymore when someone comments after me or on similar type things that I used to get notified about.

If you look at the FB Notifications page, you'll note that there are many fewer options for SMS as opposed to email notification. I would bet that the push notifications used by the FB app are limited to those corresponding with the SMS notifications.
    09-08-10 09:38 AM
    Nope. It's config. I get them. Do as instructed and they will work. If you change anything vi the PC, they will not. Been this way since the hacked 1.8 came out.

09-08-10 09:48 AM

So far this seems to have worked for me. Now I am wondering if I still need to download the FB app through BB App world. it seems odd, but it also seems like it's working.
    09-08-10 12:39 PM
    I haven't been getting FB notifications on my Torch for a week or so. Don't know why. I would do a battery pull and see if that fixes it, but I have the Otterbox case on it and I'm too lazy to take it off. haha . If that works. let me know. Thanks
    alt>tab>del on the keypad is the same as a battery pull.
    No need to remove the battery.
    09-08-10 12:48 PM
    Nope. It's config. I get them. Do as instructed and they will work. If you change anything vi the PC, they will not. Been this way since the hacked 1.8 came out.

But I did that already. Not with the Torch, though, but on my 9000 with the original 1.8 (not the hacked but the legit Beta Zone 1.8, not that it should have made a difference). But what the hay, I'll do it again.
    09-08-10 01:19 PM
    But I did that already. Not with the Torch, though, but on my 9000 with the original 1.8 (not the hacked but the legit Beta Zone 1.8, not that it should have made a difference). But what the hay, I'll do it again.
    I never had this problem with my 9000. I just upgraded to the official release of 5.0 for it last night. Though I also upgraded to the beta for the 9800 and I have been testing this out. I thought this issues would be related or fixed with the new OS, but it wasn't.
    09-08-10 01:32 PM
    So far this seems to have worked for me. Now I am wondering if I still need to download the FB app through BB App world. it seems odd, but it also seems like it's working.
    The version in App World (at least when I last checked a couple of weeks ago) was a lower version number of FB 1.8 than the one that came stock with the Torch. It will work on the Torch but it won't integrate into Social Feeds.
    09-08-10 02:01 PM
    For everyone having problems with the Facebook notifications after upgrating to 1.8 here is the fix tp get it working correctly

1. Open Facebook for BlackBerry smartphones
    2. push BB logo n select option.
    3. Scroll down to the Facebook notifications n checklist
    4. click on Turn off all Facebook Email Notifications
    5. Save the changes made and exit
    6. Log out from fb on your BB
    7. Log on to fb on your computer and go to
    account> application settings> then delete Blackberry for
    smartphones, then log out
    8. Log back into fb on your BB
    9. then log onto
    fb on your computer then go to Account> Account Settings>
    Notifications, and then scroll all the way down to your applications
    notifications and check the Blackberry for smartphones box and then
    save change

and this should fix it if having any problem let me know
    09-10-10 02:32 AM
    The version in App World (at least when I last checked a couple of weeks ago) was a lower version number of FB 1.8 than the one that came stock with the Torch. It will work on the Torch but it won't integrate into Social Feeds.
    I thought it was a lower version, but then I recall being notified of an upgrade to FB when I first got my torch. I didn't bother to download it from App World, in fear that it would not be integrated into the Social Feeds. However, as I am typing this, I realize I don't use the social feeds integration. I prefer to see which application is getting an update (i.e. FB, Twitter, Myspace).

Thanks!
    09-10-10 07:48 AM
    For everyone having problems with the Facebook notifications after upgrating to 1.8 here is the fix tp get it working correctly

1. Open Facebook for BlackBerry smartphones
    2. push BB logo n select option.
    3. Scroll down to the Facebook notifications n checklist
    4. click on Turn off all Facebook Email Notifications
    5. Save the changes made and exit
    6. Log out from fb on your BB
    7. Log on to fb on your computer and go to
    account> application settings> then delete Blackberry for
    smartphones, then log out
    8. Log back into fb on your BB
    9. then log onto
    fb on your computer then go to Account> Account Settings>
    Notifications, and then scroll all the way down to your applications
    notifications and check the Blackberry for smartphones box and then
    save change

and this should fix it if having any problem let me know
    nice job. This has been working for me and many others since 1.8 came out (hacked of course).

09-10-10 08:26 AM
    I have a Tour with US Cellular, and ever since FB went to 1.8 the darn device and FB are crazy, Every time I try and select NOT to receive email notifications b/c I have the blackberry in the first place it says there is an error communicationg, and I get notifications in both email and on FB with the bb,

It's got to be a FB thing and not a bb thing.
    10-06-10 09:47 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD