I have a Curve 8900 and the facebook 1.6. app.

On my Curve I Have both the BIS and the BES service for Blackberry,

Before, when I only had the BES service, the facebook application would sync contact pictures and other information to the address book on my BB. But after I got the BIS service and installed the 1.6. version I have noticed that this has stopped - on the options screen in the facebook app both the checkbox for connecting facebook with calendar and contacs have been grayed out. This was not the case the last time I checked.

Does anyone know if there is a general issue with the facebook calendar & contact sync when using both the BIS and BES service?
    08-03-09 08:00 AM
    Not sure about the BES issue, but to kickstart your contact/cal aync again, the following works for me.
    Open the FB app, run the setup wizard, clear cache, uncheck the Contacts and Cal sync boxes if checked, finish and save. Give a few minutes to clear and do battery pull.
    Open FB app again, run setup wizard again, check boxes you want, finish and save.
    The contacts DL don't happen immed, so check after a few hours to see if syncing. If not, go to your Friend list in FB bb app, highlight someone, see if linked to BB Contact, if not then link, if already linked, choose Refresh Contact info. 1st few refreshes should kickstart the whole list but you might have to go through all.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-03-09 12:07 PM
    thanks for the reply, after trying allsorts of solutions i finally ended up wit downgrading to the 1.5 version of facebook and suddenly everything worked fine
    08-05-09 03:35 AM
    Not sure about the BES issue, but to kickstart your contact/cal aync again, the following works for me.
    Open the FB app, run the setup wizard, clear cache, uncheck the Contacts and Cal sync boxes if checked, finish and save. Give a few minutes to clear and do battery pull.
    Open FB app again, run setup wizard again, check boxes you want, finish and save.
    The contacts DL don't happen immed, so check after a few hours to see if syncing. If not, go to your Friend list in FB bb app, highlight someone, see if linked to BB Contact, if not then link, if already linked, choose Refresh Contact info. 1st few refreshes should kickstart the whole list but you might have to go through all.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Did work for me! Thx
    08-05-09 04:32 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD