Does anyone find that Facebook seriously slows down the phone's operating abilities? Ever since I did a wipe clean and added back all my apps except Facebook, my phone operates so much smoother.
    01-27-10 11:40 AM
    facebook runs like crap on the 9700 I have noticed this since I got it
    01-27-10 11:42 AM
    Use Vodafone update... (go to your WAP browser and go to vodafone.de/update for download) it's much smoother and offers everything but pictures that FB offers.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-27-10 11:43 AM
    Yep. It can drain you down. I wouldn't use it but for some reason if you delete the app and use the browser to try and go to fb, it tells you to get the app. I haven't tried it on Opera Mini or Bolt to see if it is the same.
    01-27-10 11:46 AM
    What is this Vodafone update? Is it in german (.de)?
    01-27-10 11:54 AM
    Anytime I wipe the phone I notice that it runs faster.
    01-27-10 12:03 PM
    What is this Vodafone update? Is it in german (.de)?
    Vodafone update is a facebook/twitter client, much like social scope. It will update your facebook and twitter at the same time, and it will allow you to single one out over the other. and allows you to see what other post... it has the "like" feature, and the comment feature where you can comment on others post.

and it is free....

you can read more about it here Vodafone Update - BlackBerry

01-27-10 12:05 PM
    the facebook app is just terrible and gets worse with every update. The day I received my SS update I unistalled the FB app. The only thing I miss is uploading pictures to FB but I don't miss it that much. The best site to use on BB for FB is x.facebook.com
    01-27-10 12:09 PM
    You can email pictures to Facebook.... and it doesn't reduce the quality like the app does...
    01-27-10 12:11 PM
    i would just delete the whole app its honestly a waste
    01-27-10 12:41 PM
    It doesn't slow mine down I just have problem with connection, but they do need to fix it bc it does not compare to the iphone facebook app.

01-27-10 01:04 PM
    this has been a problem since i got my bb. it wasn't to bad .351 but on .423 it's really slow again.
    01-27-10 02:16 PM
    This may sound stupid but..... I am trying to delete Facebook and I can't find it. I went to my apps list and it isn't there. Want to get rid of it.
    01-27-10 02:23 PM
    Never mind. I got rid of it. I'll see if my Bold runs better. I love this 9700 !!!
    01-27-10 02:27 PM
    when you say phone is slow what exactly??? my 9700 runs fine except on facebook itself and web browsing is slow for me if thats the case ill use the mobile web version, hey one less icon on my screen
    01-27-10 02:57 PM
    Vodafone update is a facebook/twitter client, much like social scope. It will update your facebook and twitter at the same time, and it will allow you to single one out over the other. and allows you to see what other post... it has the "like" feature, and the comment feature where you can comment on others post.

and it is free....

you can read more about it here Vodafone Update - BlackBerry

i just downloaded this and set it up IT ROCKS.... one question if i get an inbox message will it tell me???

you are awesome that app is perfect no more farmville and astrology alrets everytime i log in on the PC and hide them more come up I'M GONNA LOVE IT
    01-27-10 03:30 PM
    i don't know 1oo% sure one way or the other. i just reply to my Direct messages straight from the email.... i really don't pay attention.

01-27-10 03:35 PM
    I think the FB app is slow as molasses in the wintertime. I don't keep it running the background and I am very hesitate to actually use it because it is so slow to load anything.

I did try the Vodaphone app awhile back but thought the functionality was too limited. However, I think I am going to give it another look as I am barely using Facebook on my BB now.
    01-27-10 03:44 PM
    I agree, fb app is sluggish . My 9700 is better without it.
    01-27-10 03:52 PM
    The Facebook app becomes sluggish over time as it creates a .dat file in the Facebook folder on the media card. If you regularly delete the .dat file it creates then both the Bold and the Facebook app will run much quicker.
    01-27-10 05:00 PM
    to be honest I have the facebook app on my 9700 I always have it running and I don't notice any lag on my Bold my phone runs quick and responsive so maybe i'm just lucky.
    01-27-10 06:53 PM
    Haha I was just about to post this exact same thing. It seems to me like its whenever I refreshed my page the phone would start to lag. I thought it was the 3g connection and it actually made me mat at tmobile. I'm just using the mobile site now and I could not love the 9700 anymore than I do now. Hands down the best

01-27-10 07:52 PM
    On the Vodafone facebook app how u get the notifications in form of an e mail?
    and pm s do the look like a mail or u see a fb sign?
    01-27-10 11:47 PM
    On the Vodafone facebook app how u get the notifications in form of an e mail?
    and pm s do the look like a mail or u see a fb sign?
    When some one makes a comment on your facebook wall you will get an email that says some thing to the degree of " joe schmoe" has commented on your status.... and i don't ever get personal messages. everyone just emails me, so i cannot answer that... Facebooks privacy is way to liberal for me to talk about serious personal matters on it.

01-28-10 07:31 AM
    Could somebody please send a direct link to the OTA for Vodafone update or something because I'm going to the Vodafone Update site from my BB and it just pulls up their main site in german or whatever and I don't see how to get it.
    01-28-10 09:56 AM
37 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD