(Using BB Storm with .230, and upgraded to FB 1.6.0.22)

I know this has been addressed but I have been skeptical of the answers, as they have not helped at all.

I am getting the following messages when logging in to FB:

"Your login session has expired. Please log in again"

"Could not connect because a data service is not available. Please try again later. If this continues, contact your service provider for support." (do I dare call VZW and tell them I am running .230??)

I have no issues with any other apps nor browsing. In other threads answers to the issues have suggested an issue with FB itself, or the server being down temporarily but I work right next another BB owner and she is on VZW using a Curve and she does not experience any of the issues. She is able to use the app all day without any issues at all. I can't stay connected for more than 10 minutes, and sometimes it takes >1 hour to log back in. It's very frustrating. Any other suggestions?

btw, where is FB 1.7, I thought is was due to drop in September??

Thanks.

Jerrad
    10-07-09 01:47 PM
    Try to use x.facebook.com to see if you login\cookies hold and if it lets you in.

Try completely deleting and re-installing it?
    10-07-09 02:08 PM
    it happens to all facebook...sometimes the app goes down...happened to me yesterday

is this a persistent issue or is it intermittent?

has FB app ever worked for you?

i know there are people who got it working, if you read the OS subforum, and 3rd party apps it's already been answered prolly
    10-07-09 02:14 PM
    It's very persistent. Like I said, it's hard to keep it up for more than 10 minutes. That's what she said! =D

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-07-09 02:59 PM
    well played sir...

so far i haven't heard a legit fix, but then again mine doesn't have the issue so i tend to not look for problems that don't effect me...this one just caught my eye...

have you tried changing OS to see if it makes a difference?
    10-07-09 03:04 PM
    have you tried changing OS to see if it makes a difference?
    Yes, the problems started on .167, and now continues on .230. I don't have the patience to downgrade back to .148, besides .230 is far too awesome to do anything without it.

Thanks for the suggestion tho.
    10-07-09 03:31 PM
    then it's the app, not the OS...not much you can do...sorry bro

it just has that issue...but it's been going in and out recently...i know RIM is updating a bunch of crap in their servers for new BBM and new facebook app, might just be a coincidence...
    10-07-09 03:41 PM
    (Using BB Storm with .230, and upgraded to FB 1.6.0.22)

I know this has been addressed but I have been skeptical of the answers, as they have not helped at all.

I am getting the following messages when logging in to FB:

"Could not connect because a data service is not available. Please try again later. If this continues, contact your service provider for support." (do I dare call VZW and tell them I am running .230??)

I have no issues with any other apps nor browsing. In other threads answers to the issues have suggested an issue with FB itself, or the server being down temporarily but I work right next another BB owner and she is on VZW using a Curve and she does not experience any of the issues. She is able to use the app all day without any issues at all. I can't stay connected for more than 10 minutes, and sometimes it takes >1 hour to log back in. It's very frustrating. Any other suggestions?

btw, where is FB 1.7, I thought is was due to drop in September??

Thanks.

Jerrad
    Hey Jerrad,

It's not your device, it's Facebook for sure!

I'm experiencing the same problem with my Storm running .148. I had no problems when I first started using the app.

I got so frustrated I went into a Verizon store and talked to a rep. He downloaded the Facebook app to a display "Tour" and let me sign on using that device. Sure enough I got the same results:

"Could not connect because a data service is not available. Please try again later. If this continues, contact your service provider for support."

On another note I signed on to my wife's Facebook (she's not having these issues with her pearl) and her account came up just fine. No "expired sessions" etc...

I've looked through Facebook and couldn't find any answers the either. If you find anything please post here, I'm subscribed.
    10-08-09 10:14 PM
    hi

I've been having the same issues since yesterday. I think it's been going on for a while the login expired session for about a week now, I thought it was just a fluke. Now, i would sign on for about less than a minute and it would say login expired. When I do try to log on it says data service unavailable. I have called T-mobile and they have tried sending the service books again. Everything else so far works on my 8900 4.6.1.231. I have deleted and readded the FB app like 3 or more times. I did the reset/ battery pull. It still says the same thing over and over again. I am also having problems logging on to their computer site. It says my account is unavailable and to try later, but the mobile website from my 8900 works fine. I have no problem logging on there. This is very frustrating!..Anyone finds any solution to this, please post it. THanks.
    10-14-09 01:23 PM
    on crackberry last week there was an article about the x.facebook.com website. I had logged into that website from bb browser and got to thinking that I wasnt sure if i had actually logged out. Sure enough, I went back to that address from the browser and I was still signed in. So, I logged out, and voila! No more "login session has expired" issues. Maybe this circumstance or something similar is applicable to you. Good luck!
    10-16-09 12:40 AM
    I logged out of x.facebook.com also. Still nothing. I was on the phone with techs from telus for an hour. still nothing. I had them send new service books, i registered my bb again, i deleted, batter pulled then installed facebook again. nothing. I have the most current version of face book as of today, and last night in an effort to correct this issue, i updated bb os, and deleted unused software, thinking maybe it was a memory issue. Other Forums suggest it is related to BES. I dont have BES. But i deleted anything in my routing table that was associated with BES. I am not a layman, but this issue is driving me crazy. I have been working on it for 8 hours. If telus comes up with a solution i will post it.
    10-18-09 12:50 PM
    jeff, there is a known issue that people are "locked out" of their facebook...if you go to the facebook page on a computer, and look at their "support" page, it's well documented. i suggest you contact facebook about it, not much we can do from here anymore. not that we can offer anyway...
    10-18-09 01:05 PM
    I'm having the same issue, I've tried everything. But I have come to the conclusion that the issue is in their end not ours.
    10-18-09 01:16 PM
    Maybe someone can help me.I have no log in problem its just that I cannot confirm friends request anymore..Is this uncommon?Id appreciate some insight..
    10-18-09 07:11 PM
    Same problem here. I tried quite a few different things and still no luck. I'm thinking this guy is right

I'm having the same issue, I've tried everything. But I have come to the conclusion that the issue is in their end not ours.
    Although the OCD in me is open for any new suggestions...
    10-18-09 07:51 PM
    Try logging into a friends account from your blackberry app.

Mine wouldn't connect using my facebook account, but my wifes account works just fine on my phone.

I can only assume it's because my facebook account is all FUBAR due to facebooks server errors.
    Came across this in another thread...and the person was right! My login is all effed up but my wife's loads just fine. UGH!!!! What the heck????
    10-18-09 08:00 PM
    3rd Party Apps
    10-18-09 08:44 PM
    I'm totally having the same problems. I think lots of us are experiencing these issues. I've tried to downgrade OS, delete and re-install OS and log in with another facebook account. I'm just getting ready to give up on this issue.

any fix please post
    10-18-09 09:26 PM
    I am still having this issue even after d/ling FB 1.7 last week. ( I am the OP) I understand that it could be FB itself, but have others gotten the 'log out of FB at m.facebook.com' to work?
    10-18-09 09:33 PM
    I just started to experience this issue after installing 1.7. I can't login unless I make multiple attempts and even if I do, I only stay logged in for a few minutes. I would like to downgrade to 1.6.0.22 to see if that helps or just skip altogether and use Mobile or Snaptu.
    10-18-09 10:09 PM
    I think this is a facebook issue not a blackberry issue. My wife and I both have storms and facebook accounts. I can log into both storms no problem with my facebook account, but my wife can't login to either storm with here facebook account. I think her facebook account may be corrupted, either way I don't think changing OS's or downgrading facebook is the answer, too many people are having the same issue and it all points to the facebook servers.
    10-19-09 07:39 AM
    Hi all. I have a similar issue. I had FB1.6 and it was working perfectly until I installed 1.7, where I keep getting ""Could not connect because a data service is not available. Please try again later. If this continues, contact your service provider for support". I erased it and tried installing 1.6 but it keeps giving me an error message. I tried downloain the alx file and installing it, but neither 1.6 nor 1.5 work on my device now. I dont even get the launch icon. I did everything: erase-reinstall, unhide all, battery pull, etc. Now i have no FB. HELP
    10-19-09 02:06 PM
    Me too I can't even use snaptu or mobile facebook. But I can check it on my home pc. Anyone having this problem or know how to fix it? I have done everything from wipe device to reinstalling the app over and over. Please help.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-19-09 10:51 PM
    Account Unavailable
    Your account is temporarily unavailable due to site maintenance. It should be available again within a few hours. We apologize for the inconvenience.
    Looks like facebook is doing something this morning, at least with some accounts. I get this message online when I login into facebook with my wife's account (she also can't login using her blackberry), hopefully they are fixing the issues some people are having with their account.

People should stop reloading operating systems, facebook app, doing battery pulls, sending service books etc. to fix this problem. It is not your phone facebook has said hundreds of thousands of accounts are having various issues.

Thousands of Facebook users who have been unable to access their accounts for nearly a week and a half now are now seeing their profiles restored--but some data related to recent profile updates may have been lost.

What happened? According to Facebook, the replacement of profiles and login screens with a "down for maintenance" notice--which appears to have started on October 3--stemmed from "a technical issue with a single database." The company has stressed that there is no chance that it was due to hackers or other malicious activity.

Profiles should be restored over the course of the next day, the company estimates.

"Our engineering team has worked around the clock, and as of today, all of these users should begin to regain access to their Facebook accounts," Facebook spokeswoman Brandee Barker said reading from a statement. "We apologize for the inconvenience this may have caused and we are taking additional measures to uphold the reliability users come to expect from Facebook."

Less than 0.05 percent of Facebook's users have been affected by the outage, the company estimated. The social network's last head count, about a month ago, was 300 million active users, so that comes out to be a total of about 150,000 affected users. Not very many but enough to put some of them in a panic over not being able to access a primary mode of communication and (in some cases) business.

Profiles have not been lost or deleted, Facebook has continually said--even though the company has been otherwise tight-lipped about the maintenance issue until this point. When affected users' access is restored, however, some things may be different and very recent updates may be missing. According to a notice that Facebook is displaying to members who may have been affected:

You may not have been able to access your account over the last several days. We're sorry for this inconvenience; an extended technical issue affected a small number of Facebook accounts, including yours. We have done our best to restore your account to its most recent state, but some data and settings may not be current. In order to be cautious, we defaulted some of your privacy settings to their most restrictive settings. You may wish to review your privacy settings and reset them.

Facebook added that "some of (affected members') content may not be up to date: in other words, some minor data loss regarding recent updates to profiles. This, according to Facebook, may include photos that were recently added or deleted, recent updates to friends lists (additions and deletions), and "other content you've added, sent, received, or posted."

As for the company's relative silence about the matter until now, Barker explained in a phone call that the company wanted to nail down the specifics of the outage and figure out the situation, rather than provide details to users that could turn out to be inaccurate.

Many of the complaints pertaining to the outage alleged poor customer service on Facebook's part, and as a sort of olive branch, the company is encouraging feedback pertaining to the specific outage. The alert displayed to affected members whose accounts have been newly restored directs them to a form to report any further details or additional problems.

Whether Facebook will step it up a notch for future unexpected technical problems remains to be seen.
    Last edited by dss667; 10-20-09 at 10:27 AM.
    10-20-09 10:17 AM
    ***UPDATE***

Wife's account is now up again online, and she is now able to login into Facebook app on her blackberry for the first time in 2 weeks!!!! Keeping fingers crossed!!!!
    10-20-09 10:40 AM
32 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD