Ugh.....I just have to vent about this stinking app. I am constantly being logged out and have a terrible time reconnecting and disconnects while I'm in the middle of a comment or post. The BB Facebook app has become almost totally unusable. Come on RIM you made the app...make it work correctly.

Rant is ended..thank you.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-30-09 03:10 PM
    I think I saw a post the other day about using Facebook's mobile site instead of the app.

I don't use FB so I'm not familiar with how well the mobile site works, but it doesn't sound like it'd be much worse.
    09-30-09 03:25 PM
    Yep.... That's what I'll have to do......it just stinks that a RIM made app won't work properly. I know others have said that the problem is with Facebook but my iPhone Facebook app works whille BB won't...that's an app issue I believe.

09-30-09 03:33 PM
    Use the mobile site. IMHO its a lot better than the mobile app. One cool thing about the app for the 8900 is that it syncs your friend list to your contact list so you get the profile pics as contact pics. That's the only reason I'm using it. For facebook itself I use opera mini->mobile site.
    09-30-09 03:34 PM
    facebook app is garbage. I cant believe how poorly designed this is compared to the iphone version. like everyone said your better off using the mobile site.
    09-30-09 03:42 PM
    RE-install the app, this usually solves the problem.
    09-30-09 03:47 PM
    Are you using OS5?
    I've not had ANY of the problems you mentioned, and I use Facebook all the time...
    09-30-09 03:52 PM
    I have had a lot of problems in the last week with FB app, but when I am near a computer and try to login to see my message I get an error about account being down for maintenance. This leads me to believe it is a FB problem, at least with the issues I am having.

Mine will say my login has expired. Then when I try to log in again it says no data connection available, which is not the case as I can use other apps (MySpace, Berryweather etc) with data at that time. Usually after a few minutes it will let me login and I double check my account on a computer and it is back up too. Not sure if FB has been having server issues or what.
    09-30-09 04:30 PM
    I have had a lot of problems in the last week with FB app, but when I am near a computer and try to login to see my message I get an error about account being down for maintenance. This leads me to believe it is a FB problem, at least with the issues I am having.

Mine will say my login has expired. Then when I try to log in again it says no data connection available, which is not the case as I can use other apps (MySpace, Berryweather etc) with data at that time. Usually after a few minutes it will let me login and I double check my account on a computer and it is back up too. Not sure if FB has been having server issues or what.
    This same thing was happening to me today, it seems that FB has been having alot of server issues the past couple of weeks. I can understand your frustration, I deal with the same issues and it is infuriating, however, I believe that this is a FB issue, and has nothing to do with RIM. HYour BB connects to the FB servers to get it's information, the only place that RIM's servers are involved is the push of the notification e-mail to your BB. Once the e-mail is pushed, your BB connects to the FB servers and downloads any additional information that it needs to display the notification properly.

Facebook needs to get it's act together, because this has been an on and off problem for damn near a month, and it's becoming a real pain in the ***.
    09-30-09 04:45 PM
    Well, maybe im lucky and haven't had any real issues with my FB app on my Curve and im running 4 5 something for my OS
    09-30-09 05:01 PM
    facebook in general is garbage. I cant believe how poorly designed this is compared to the iphone version. like everyone said your better off using the mobile site.
    Fixed^

09-30-09 05:32 PM
    Heard that. It is getting on my last nerve!!!

09-30-09 05:43 PM
    It was working ok. This problem has been coming and going for me. I like the fact that I get updates pushed to me. I'm keeping my fingers crossed that its buggy because they are working on upgrades. I'll keep telling myself that.

09-30-09 06:52 PM
    This same thing was happening to me today, it seems that FB has been having alot of server issues the past couple of weeks. I can understand your frustration, I deal with the same issues and it is infuriating, however, I believe that this is a FB issue, and has nothing to do with RIM. HYour BB connects to the FB servers to get it's information, the only place that RIM's servers are involved is the push of the notification e-mail to your BB. Once the e-mail is pushed, your BB connects to the FB servers and downloads any additional information that it needs to display the notification properly.

Facebook needs to get it's act together, because this has been an on and off problem for damn near a month, and it's becoming a real pain in the ***.
    I agree it was a FB issue. Just an update, I have not had any login/connection issues with FB for BB since about four days after my first reply. Also I have not had FB login issues either. Since the two went hand in hand I can definately say that my issues were definately FB and not the BB app.
    10-10-09 09:55 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD