Hey ya'll! So I just purchased the Blackberry Tour today and have been trying to figure out some of the things I have done to it. The one thing I am having no luck with is the FACEBOOK App. Apparently when I installed it onto my phone it transferred all my facebook info (birthdays, emails, updates, etc) to my blackberry messages and Calender. I have resolved the issue with the email messages, but I can't for the life of me figure out how to remove all of my facebook friends birthdays form my blackberry calender. I am desperate to get these dates off of my calender as it is my work phone!

I went by my phone company and the only thing they could suggest was deleting the app entirely. If that is the last option I will, but I was hoping someone would be able to help me!!!! I would really appreciate any advice!!!
    09-03-09 04:05 PM
    IIRC, there's a service book that you can delete that will get rid of the Facebook birthdays. Look under Options > Advanced Options > Service Book and see if there's an entry for the Facebook calendar. If there is, delete it and you should see the entries all disappear.
    09-03-09 04:42 PM
    I made that fatal mistake of linking the calendars and even deleting the service book didn't remove the entries from showing in the calendar.

Your best option is to delete the calendar entries from within Desktop Manager and start afresh with your calendar.
    09-03-09 06:38 PM
    ya when i installed the new facebook made the same mistake just unistalled it and reinstalled it making sure i checked off not to sync all the useless junk
    09-03-09 06:47 PM
    I'm having a problem with FB 1.6. It will not let me upload any pics from my phone. It always sends me an error message. But my wife has the same phone and OS (9530 running Lyr's 6v10) and it works fine. So it must be some setting i guess but i've been trying to figure it out for a week now but nada. Please help.
    Thanks
    09-03-09 07:37 PM
    IIRC, there's a service book that you can delete that will get rid of the Facebook birthdays. Look under Options > Advanced Options > Service Book and see if there's an entry for the Facebook calendar. If there is, delete it and you should see the entries all disappear.

I am not good with this stuff, so just wondering before I delete something that I need, is the Facebook Calender marked as (CICAL), becuase there are two and the other is (BrowserConfig).

Thank you so much for the advice!
    09-04-09 08:47 AM
    ya when i installed the new facebook made the same mistake just unistalled it and reinstalled it making sure i checked off not to sync all the useless junk
    If I uninstall it how can I reinstall it? The only options I have are delete, modules, edit default permissions, and a few others like close and swicth.

Thanks for the Advice
    09-04-09 08:49 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD