My Wife has a BB Torch and we can't find the 'Places' icon on the ribbon/banner of the Facebook app. I pressed the menu button and check options but there was nothing in there. I tried to check for Face updates but it was check off to check automatically. GPS location is enabled in system properties. Any suggestions?
    04-11-12 08:24 PM
    click on top left and I think what you are looking for is now called "nearby" (looks like a stamp). Hope this helps!
    04-11-12 08:46 PM
    From left to right the only icons I have are News Feeds, Notifications, Upload a Photo, Friends, Add a friend, Write on a wall and Send a message.

I'm stumped!
    04-11-12 08:52 PM
    wow! I have: news feed, profile, notifications, search, messages, friends, chat, nearby, photos, options--as a drop-down box when I highlight or touch on "Facebook"on the left. They just released and upgrade today and it migh be a good time to download it. Just make sure that you reboot after wards. It will prompt you. Go to app world and it should be in there for you to upgrade. Good luck and let us know how it turned out. Have a great evening.
    04-11-12 08:57 PM
    I have that on my BB Bold 9700 but the app is difference on my wife's Torch. Touching the blue Facebook ribbon across the top does not do anything.
    04-11-12 09:02 PM
    I would suggest un-installing the app and doing a fresh install of the updated version through AppWorld. Once installed, enter the Facebook app and press "P." This should bring up places and ask you to agree to the terms. If not please get back to us.
    04-12-12 08:59 AM
    The top of the page below the facebook header there are 3 tabs- 'Photo', 'Status' and 'Check In'. 'Check In' is the latest iteration of 'Places'. From there it brings you to the same place that "Places" did. (Facebook 3.0.0.15 on a 9810)
    04-12-12 09:10 AM
    I've seen it not show up on 3.0 on occasion. However, Check In will always show up by going through the top left drop down Facebook menu, under Nearby. But as rgorman says, normally (on 3.0), Check In is the rightmost of the three headers just below that menu bar.
    04-12-12 10:57 AM
    The new upgrade should bring everything back. Like Myfairkadie posted. Delete it from your applications and then go to App World and download the newest versions released a couple of days ago. Everything should return to normal with the new install. Good Luck.
    04-12-12 12:48 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD