Every time I try to download the Facebook app for the BlackBerry on my Pearl 8100 it tells me that I don't meet the system requirements for the app. I have the same OS version as I had on my Curve 8320 before it died, and unless I'm reading it wrong I have 17mb or more of free space for apps. Is there more to it that I'm missing?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-03-11 10:07 AM
    Did you have the Facebook app on your Curve, too? What OS version are you running?

According to App World, Facebook 2 still supports the old Pearl and runs on at least OS 4.5.

I know most around here may freak out about having only 17mb free, but I used to have the 8100 myself and understand living the BlackBerry life with such low menory left, but still able to chug along happily.

The only thing I can suggest is to try loading it after clearing the cache in the browser and a fresh re-boot/battery pull. It could be that installing it requires just a bit more free memory than you have.
    08-03-11 12:39 PM
    I did have the app on the Curve, and I never get the option to install it so I never thought of a fresh boot before trying. I'll post back with the results.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-03-11 10:51 PM
    How about me my my OS is 4.2v only!, How i upgrade my blackberry pearl 8100 to 4.5 OS to support facebook apps?
    12-27-13 03:00 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD