Hi,

The facebook app is driving me crazy.
    Basically I want it to be as if Facebook doesn't exist unless I open it. I don't want notifications or calendar reminders.

My main problem is that Facebook lists my friend's birthdays on the short calendar list with my messages and other notices. I don't want them with my calendar. I went through the forums for advice and already (1) logged out of facebook, (2) went into BB calendar and unchecked the facebook calendar, (3) went into BB calendar and told it only to list a different calendar. (4) Went into Facebook app and un-synced my contacts.

Through all of this, the birthday's of random people who I don't really care about remain on my list.

Thanks for any help you can provide.
    --AWK
    02-15-11 09:49 AM
    since you dont want what the facebook app does at all, just delete it and use facebook with your browser.
    02-15-11 10:06 AM
    Obviously I want the app or I would have deleted it. Its easier to use the app than the mobile site on BB browser.
    Any suggestions?
    02-15-11 11:28 AM
    Ok, this might suck, depending on how many facebook friends you have.

What I did was:

Go into the Facebook App:
    1.) Press the Menu button, go to Options
    2.)Uncheck "Blackberry Calender Application"
    3.) Uncheck "Blackberry Contacts Application"
    4.) Press the Menu button and click Save
    5.) Exit the Facebook App

Go into your Calender:
    1.) Press the Menu button and go to Options
    2.) Scroll down to the section Accounts and click Facebook
    3.) Uncheck "Display Reminders"
    4.) Press the Menu Button and Save

Now the crappy part, go to the part where you see all the upcoming events (mine is on my homescreen), this will include all those facebook birthdays or go into your calender and use the monthly view.

1.) Manually go into each Facebook birthday that you do not want displayed and delete it. If you do not delete these occurences from your calender, they will remain in there and you will still see them. This part sucks because you could have thousands of friends. Then do a battery pull once you have deleted everyone you wanted to.

This is the only way it has worked for me, if someone else knows a better way, please share.
    Last edited by jr5417; 02-15-11 at 11:54 AM.
    AWK131 likes this.
    02-15-11 11:34 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD