Hi All,

I have recently got a Blackberry 9700 through my work. I haven't really got any Apps, infact the whole phone is pretty bear I only have 4 contacts The Office, The other part of the Office, A colleague and my Dad.

Anyway I have my iPhone for apps but I would quite like to have the Facebook app working, currently it says something about not being able to connect because a data service is not availible. But I have not problem going on the internet or recieving my mail, it says this message even if I try to log on using my WiFi connection.

Any ideas?
    05-11-10 01:11 PM
    has your office set you up with a blackberry plan on your mobile??, or are you part of a BES?? If you are it may be restricted through the it policy on the phone.
    05-11-10 01:15 PM
    I'm honestly not sure, I can make calls and send texts I can recieve emails from the server and I can go online, what else is needed?
    05-11-10 01:18 PM
    hmm if its for your work email, then it is likely to have an IT policy on the device and will be part of your companies BES. IT policies can be set up to restrict anything the company doesnt want you doing in works time, so its likely your phones being restricted but im not experienced in BES and IT policies im just telling you what i believe is happening from what ive read online. it may be for one of the more experienced members who have had dealing with BES and IT policies to step in and correct me if im wrong.
    05-11-10 01:27 PM
    In the Email setup section also shouldn't I have the option to link a internet mailbox like my hotmail? It only lets me add a Blackberry Enterprise Server. Could this be another restriction by my work?
    05-11-10 01:27 PM
    Fair enough, thanks for your input, I won't bugger about with it then.
    05-11-10 01:29 PM
    yeah chris it sounds like you do have an it policy on the device, its prolly best you dont as the admins of your BES can see almost everything you do on the device if its set up that way.
    05-11-10 01:43 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD