Just bought my wife a storm 2 and she is not getting facebook notifications.I have the same phone with the same exact settings onand i get my notifications right away.Is it because i started with facebook a year ago and she just started?Does she have to wait a few days for facebook to recognize her cell phone .Help she loves her facebook and annoying me allready.I checked the settings on both phones and settings on pc for both accounts and they are exactly the same.
    02-03-10 05:54 AM
    I know this is a dumb question, does she have the facebook app installed? If she does, try deleting it and reinstalling.
    02-03-10 06:10 AM
    its installed everything is fine with the app except getting notifications i will try to reinstall thanks
    02-03-10 07:26 AM
    i was having the same problem for a couple days when i got my replacement Storm 2. I had to go in and re-validate my emails' which simply means i had to go and put my passwords in a again. Try having her put in her email that is tied to facebook again and see if that works.
    02-03-10 07:39 AM
    Are the notifications going to her @blackberry e-mail account, or to a different account? I always suggest sending FB notifications to the @blackberry account to make sure they are getting there properly. I've heard of people having notifications going to never-never land when sent to another e-mail address.
    02-03-10 07:57 AM
    Are the notifications going to her @blackberry e-mail account, or to a different account? I always suggest sending FB notifications to the @blackberry account to make sure they are getting there properly. I've heard of people having notifications going to never-never land when sent to another e-mail address.
    This is exactly why, after 3 months, I finally switched to my @blackberry acct Hotmail is extremely delayed (if they even come thru at all).

Also, make sure this option is checked:
    Last edited by jabbs1; 02-03-10 at 08:44 AM.
    02-03-10 08:41 AM
    It can be any email acct as long as it's pushed to your bb. If the email you're using is not pushed to your bb you won't get fb notifications...
    02-03-10 09:01 AM
    is the notification application set up on her facebook account this could cause it..
    02-03-10 10:42 AM
    Most importantly have her log into her email and check that she is actually receiving the emails on that email inbox and there is no filter set up moving them to a separate folder.

Then check that she has that email address added to her Blackberry and the application will grab all the Facebook related emails and process them for you.

The chances are if she has the email address set up on her Blackberry and is receiving other emails that she hasn't customised the notifications in Facebook itself to send the emails out. Going into settings on Facebook main website and edit the notifications to send an email for anything she wants to be notified of on her Blackberry and then the mails should start hitting her email inbox and being pushed to her Blackberry and into the FB app.

Good luck
    02-03-10 01:42 PM
    It can be any email acct as long as it's pushed to your bb. If the email you're using is not pushed to your bb you won't get fb notifications...
    It can be, but I have seen people not get the notifications on their BB when being sent to another e-mail address, even if that e-mail is being pushed to the BB.

Filters, SPAM blocking, other desktop e-mail apps intercepting messages, and other odd reasons sometimes make facebook notifications not get to the BB. I think it is best that if you want reliable messages going to your BB (and personally, that's the only place I want FB notifications), it's better to send them to your @blackberry address.

Posted from my BlackBerry using BerryBlab
    02-03-10 01:53 PM
    Did you go to your facebook account and enable notifications?
    02-03-10 03:15 PM
    Can anyone answer why when you post to someone's wall it doesn't say "via facebook for blackberry?" Sometime it will say via mobile and sometimes it won't say anything. I've only seen it once say"via facebook for blackberry" once but I was on an older OS and older version of the facebook app.
    02-03-10 06:28 PM
    Can anyone answer why when you post to someone's wall it doesn't say "via facebook for blackberry?" Sometime it will say via mobile and sometimes it won't say anything. I've only seen it once say"via facebook for blackberry" once but I was on an older OS and older version of the facebook app.
    It only does this for status updates and somewhat for private messages.
    02-03-10 08:28 PM
    This is exactly why, after 3 months, I finally switched to my @blackberry acct Hotmail is extremely delayed (if they even come thru at all).

Also, make sure this option is checked:
    I seriously need to do the same... Hotmail has always been such a pita... Problem is I have so much long term crap signed up on Hotmail already, not to mention a XBL account...
    02-03-10 08:57 PM
    Try using your @blackberry email address if you have one. If not, set one up by going to your BIS log in page. Emails are literally instant with them and fb notifications too.
    02-12-10 04:34 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD