I just got back onto BlackBerry yesterday, was on Android for almost a year...using a 9900 with 7.1 and FB 3.2; and first thing I notice is that notifications are hit and miss...as I understand it, the app is supposed to intercept email notifications and push the FB notification, and process the email so it doesn't also appear on your device. Not happening here, when I do get notifications, I'm getting both...and I'm not getting others at all. I don't remember having these issues with my last BB, pretty much got the notifications properly all the time.

Other issue is that the app doesn't seem to honor the settings I've set up in FaceBook, i.e., I've set a few friends to where I don't see their posts in my feed (because they are ALWAYS posting and it's annoying)...but on the BB, I see all their posts. The Android version of the app filters these posts out as expected. Is this just how the BB version works?

Are there any better FB apps for BB?
    09-16-12 01:06 AM
    That's just how it works.

And there aren't any other applications for Facebook.
    09-16-12 06:03 AM
    I use both app and mobile web. Give mobile web a try.

Feeding my CrackBerry addiction with Tapatalk�
    09-16-12 10:30 AM
    Ok. I am not the only one having problems with my Facebook notifications. I was doing well with Facebook 3.1. Then I installed Facebook Messenger to test it out. I didn't like it (too much battery usage). Ever since then my notifications (especially messages) have been non-existent. I can't tell if the problem is Facebook server or Facebook app.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9780
    Last edited by justdregs; 09-29-12 at 06:51 AM.
    09-16-12 10:35 AM
    I forgot to mention that I have upgraded to Facebook 3.2 to try to solve the problem. No luck.

09-16-12 10:37 AM
    Well, Facebook notifications are not perfect.

Next annoyance is: when I click on a Youtube link within the Facebook app, I get the message "the item cannot be displayed, do you wish to save the item". Nothing I do subseqently allows me to view the Youtube video. Any ideas?

09-29-12 07:04 AM
    I solved the issue above.

You must have Facebook and Youtube app installed on your Blackberry.

10-03-12 04:03 PM
    For years my FB notifications showed up under the "messages" app (where my email messages also appear) but for the past couple of weeks they've been popping up under the "notifications" bar (where calendar - phone calls etc appear). Is this the result of a recent update or can I manage where they appear in the setup somehow? I have a Torch 9810. Thanks
    Last edited by dan417; 10-05-12 at 03:46 PM. Reason: add phone model
    10-05-12 03:39 PM
    In the facebook app, click on the blackberry button, then click on options.

The FB notifications and messages are clearly changed and explained there.

dan417 likes this.
    10-06-12 10:12 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD