Well RIM better take care of that little leak, because if that is the premiere place to get apps and the App Center is history and is not being updated, we are all going to be having an issue here.
    The app center isn't really history. The app center is still used by verizon to notify you of any vzw based app (vvm, vz nav, etc) updates.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-24-09 03:24 PM
    that's when u use the mobihand mobile site (or crackberry app store mobile site)
    or the CB app store app.

06-24-09 03:25 PM
    Yes I did and I when I went to connect to blackberry contact it says this friend is not currently connected with your Blackberry Contact List .Select the Blackberry contact you want to connect this friend to.
    then it has two options at the bottom
    select contact or new contact
    ya......u click on "select contact" and select the contact in ur address book...

or the CB app store app.

but the site is more reliable, no mem leaks and such, haha
    06-24-09 03:29 PM
    Somewhat related question - is there a way to sync ALL of your BB contacts to FB contacts quickly? I have 297 FB friends and 177 BB contacts and don't want to combine that list one by one. Any suggestions?
    06-24-09 03:37 PM
    ok driftdevil i am feeling really stupid because i cant get this stupid thing to work right i don't know what i'm doing wrong . I just went and looked at FB and all my contacts in my phone that are also on FB have their birthdays on there (on the FB calendar), but only a few are showing up on my calendar on the blackberry
    A quick way to check if a contact is linked with their respective fb account is to go to your friends list in the fb app. If you see an icon that looks like a phonebook to the far right of the name, then they are linked. If one of these contacts are linked but not showing their birthday in the calendar, check the birthday section of the contact under contacts. If the birthday doesn't appear, you will need to unlink the contact and then relink it again. This problem doesn't only occur for birthdays, it occured with some of my contacts pictures when I first installed 1.5 but was fixed right after manually unlinking and then relinking again.

06-24-09 03:45 PM
    Somewhat related question - is there a way to sync ALL of your BB contacts to FB contacts quickly? I have 297 FB friends and 177 BB contacts and don't want to combine that list one by one. Any suggestions?
    Open up the fb app, press the bb key and click options. Next make sure the box next to BlackBerry Contacts Application is checked, press the back key and click yes when asked if you want to save changes.

06-24-09 03:48 PM
    if you haven't.. you might want to go into facebook on the computer and go to settings and make sure you have it set up to notify you for those things on your phone! might have gotten turned off or something
    06-24-09 05:48 PM
    A quick way to check if a contact is linked with their respective fb account is to go to your friends list in the fb app. If you see an icon that looks like a phonebook to the far right of the name, then they are linked. If one of these contacts are linked but not showing their birthday in the calendar, check the birthday section of the contact under contacts. If the birthday doesn't appear, you will need to unlink the contact and then relink it again. This problem doesn't only occur for birthdays, it occured with some of my contacts pictures when I first installed 1.5 but was fixed right after manually unlinking and then relinking again.

ok now i see but how are some linked and some not?
    06-24-09 07:17 PM
    How do I get the old version of Facebook back or can someone tell me why I have not been getting any notifications for wall posts, messages, etc since I upgraded. The only way I know is if I log on a computer?
    ANSWER:

if you have the latest version of facebook v1.6 you need to open facebook, click options, and run the setup wizard. on step 2 it will ask you to affiliate the email address on your phone that receives the emailed notifications from facebook.

so make sure the notifications that are being emailed from facebook are going to an email address that is connected to your phone. or you could do what i do and have the facebook email address auto foward to the email on your phone.

but you need to affiliate the email on your phone with facebook using the setup wizard.
    06-24-09 07:40 PM
    ok now i see but how are some linked and some not?
    There are a few things that could cause this. The simplest comes from doing it manually. If you are linking them manually, it is real easy to forget to link a contact. If you are using the automatic approach, sometimes the contacts won't link because either the contacts phone number, email address or some other contact information doesn't match. The app will check each individually until it finds a match, once a match is found it will like them. If the app can't find a match, it won't link the contact and you will have to do it manually.

06-24-09 08:31 PM
    How do I get the old version of Facebook back or can someone tell me why I have not been getting any notifications for wall posts, messages, etc since I upgraded. The only way I know is if I log on a computer?
    A quick fix for this is to use your provider BIS email account as your main facebook account email address. If you don't want to do this, make sure that whatever email address you are using is also on your device and check this account to make sure that the notifications aren't showing up as spam for the email account.

06-24-09 08:37 PM
    Interesting...bc whenever I upgrade to a new OS or to a new'er version of Facebook...I get ALL notifications instead of not getting any. I just have to go through Facebook online and adjust my settings accordingly.
    06-24-09 09:14 PM
    Thanks guys!
    06-26-09 08:03 AM
38 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD