How do I get the old version of Facebook back or can someone tell me why I have not been getting any notifications for wall posts, messages, etc since I upgraded. The only way I know is if I log on a computer?
    06-24-09 11:10 AM
    battery pull

if u really want 1.5 back, go into the 3rd party apps forum, i have an attachment on one of the threads
    06-24-09 11:13 AM
    so quick pull won't do it? and heck i'm not getting them for myspace either
    06-24-09 11:25 AM
    so quick pull won't do it? and heck i'm not getting them for myspace either
    physical battery pull will most likely work

quick pull is just a simulated pull

u have do physical battery pull once in awhile, u cant rely on simulated pulls all of the time
    06-24-09 11:27 AM
    ok and does the facebook calendar only link birthdays to the contacts that are stored on your device? I have contacts on my device that are also on facebook but the birthdays do not show up on some of them. Do they have to have a blackberry as well?
    06-24-09 11:36 AM
    ok and does the facebook calendar only link birthdays to the contacts that are stored on your device? I have contacts on my device that are also on facebook but the birthdays do not show up on some of them. Do they have to have a blackberry as well?
    did u link them to their facebook?
    06-24-09 11:38 AM
    Log in Facebook via PC and on your page in the right hand corner click on Settings, then Notifications. Check off what you want to be notified for and at the bottom save the changes...
    06-24-09 11:41 AM
    i was having this problem also after i upgraded my OS (to lyr .148/5.0/.151 hybrid). what worked for me was i unchecked all the sync options for fb on my phone then i made a new email just for Facebook on yahoo, loaded it on my phone, and hid it. then i just added the new email to my fb profile and made it the contact email. then i re-set-up the sync options, now to the new email and everything worked. over the next two minutes it synced my calander and contacts just as it should. i know this is kinda common sense but ive been going through the posts about this for over a week now and no other ideas worked. good luck.
    oh and i also did what severedeceit said to do also in post #7, im sure that had something to do with it too (although just doing that alone did nothing)
    06-24-09 11:55 AM
    Assuming that your email for bis/bes is the same as your email for myspace and facebook, do what SevereDeceipt suggests. Also make sure you don't have filters setup on your facebook emails because that is the trigger to notify you in the app.
    06-24-09 11:57 AM
    Would anyone be kind enough to tell me what the latest official version of Facebook app is?

Also I noticed there are two places on the Storm for Facebook. One is in the Applications folder pre installed on the device. Second you can download from the App Center. I don't get the difference or reason.
    06-24-09 12:16 PM
    Would anyone be kind enough to tell me what the latest official version of Facebook app is?

Also I noticed there are two places on the Storm for Facebook. One is in the Applications folder pre installed on the device. Second you can download from the App Center. I don't get the difference or reason.
    current version: 1.6.0.17

app center and preinstalled r the same thing (app center one is most likely outdated tho)

as for preinstalled one, its always uptodate since it is just a weblink
    06-24-09 12:20 PM
    Thank you. Now just for sake of conversation here, I am assuming that the App Center that came installed on the Storm is the precursor to the Blackberry App World.

So if Blackberry App World is the place to download apps I am assuming that the App Center is in fact extinct and just taking up space on the device.
    06-24-09 12:23 PM
    Thank you. Now just for sake of conversation here, I am assuming that the App Center that came installed on the Storm is the precursor to the Blackberry App World.

So if Blackberry App World is the place to download apps I am assuming that the App Center is in fact extinct and just taking up space on the device.
    correct, however, app world is famous for some of its memory leakage tho
    06-24-09 12:26 PM
    Well RIM better take care of that little leak, because if that is the premiere place to get apps and the App Center is history and is not being updated, we are all going to be having an issue here.
    06-24-09 12:28 PM
    my issue with facebook is that sometimes my status comments just won't go through, i'll get notices and wall postings, etc., but it just won't go through all the time... such a bummer. does anyone know why this happens?
    06-24-09 12:32 PM
    Well RIM better take care of that little leak, because if that is the premiere place to get apps and the App Center is history and is not being updated, we are all going to be having an issue here.
    that's when u use the mobihand mobile site (or crackberry app store mobile site)
    06-24-09 12:32 PM
    did u link them to their facebook?
    ok got a blonde moment ! How do i link them , some show in my calendar and some don't
    06-24-09 01:07 PM
    ok got a blonde moment ! How do i link them , some show in my calendar and some don't
    go to your friend list in Facebook, bb menu button, click on connect to blackberry contact. If they already connect but bday not showing up, do the same but click on refresh contact (thats how it seems to have worked for me)
    06-24-09 01:17 PM
    will this work if they don't have blackberry's . alot of my friends are on facebook that are also in my contact list on my blackberry. however only a select few of my contacts have blackberrys. am i making any sense lol?
    go to your friend list in Facebook, bb menu button, click on connect to blackberry contact. If they already connect but bday not showing up, do the same but click on refresh contact (thats how it seems to have worked for me)
    06-24-09 01:21 PM
    will this work if they don't have blackberry's . alot of my friends are on facebook that are also in my contact list on my blackberry. however only a select few of my contacts have blackberrys. am i making any sense lol?
    i understand

and yes, it should work...as long as they have a fb account and they have bdays set on the fb account
    06-24-09 01:23 PM
    i am not showing any on my blackberry connect list
    06-24-09 01:25 PM
    i understand

and yes, it should work...as long as they have a fb account and they have bdays set on the fb account
    ok driftdevil i am feeling really stupid because i cant get this stupid thing to work right i don't know what i'm doing wrong . I just went and looked at FB and all my contacts in my phone that are also on FB have their birthdays on there (on the FB calendar), but only a few are showing up on my calendar on the blackberry
    06-24-09 01:33 PM
    Verizon apps show up in App Center so if they update Visual Voicemail or verizon specific programs it shows up in there
    06-24-09 01:33 PM
    ok driftdevil i am feeling really stupid because i cant get this stupid thing to work right i don't know what i'm doing wrong . I just went and looked at FB and all my contacts in my phone that are also on FB have their birthdays on there (on the FB calendar), but only a few are showing up on my calendar on the blackberry
    did u bbmenu > connect to blackberry on the fb friend?
    06-24-09 02:39 PM
    did u bbmenu > connect to blackberry on the fb friend?
    Yes I did and I when I went to connect to blackberry contact it says this friend is not currently connected with your Blackberry Contact List .Select the Blackberry contact you want to connect this friend to.
    then it has two options at the bottom
    select contact or new contact
    06-24-09 02:49 PM
38 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD