I can't seem to close out facebook .... it is showing a small F (facebook) icon with a "1" beside it ........ I am guessing that the program is still open .... I've tried everything to close it ........ at the end of my rope. Anyone have any answers? Thanks
    06-19-09 10:46 PM
    It may actually be closed, it's just a notification telling you that have something. When you have the FB app installed, you get notifications like the one you're seeing, even when the app is closed.
    If you want to check and see if it's still open, press the BB/menu button on the app screen and select Switch Application. If you see FB in there, then it's open.
    06-19-09 10:53 PM
    OK ..... what does the app screen look like? I know that probably sounds hella lame ..... but seriously .... what does it look like?
    06-19-09 10:57 PM
    Go to the "Messages" icon and see if it's there...

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-19-09 10:57 PM
    OK ..... what does the app screen look like? I know that probably sounds hella lame ..... but seriously .... what does it look like?
    It's the screen where all of your applications are. I'm honestly not sure if that's the proper name, but I'm almost sure that it might be.
    06-19-09 10:59 PM
    under the messages icon the little f and 1 are in the upper left corner.
    06-19-09 10:59 PM
    Somehow I stumbled into the switch application ..... and the facebook icon is not a choice ..... so that means that it is NOT open?
    06-19-09 11:01 PM
    Somehow I stumbled into the switch application ..... and the facebook icon is not a choice ..... so that means that it is NOT open?
    Correct, it's not open. To get rid of the notification you have, I'd open the app and go clear out any notifications you may have. Or go into Messages and press "U" which should take you to the next unread message if it's in there...

Btw, welcome to CB!
    06-19-09 11:03 PM
    I did that ...... nothing .... My hubbie thinks I'm nuts with this BB ........ but I don't care ...... I just want to master it! HA!
    06-19-09 11:26 PM
    I did that ...... nothing .... My hubbie thinks I'm nuts with this BB ........ but I don't care ...... I just want to master it! HA!

Hi

In order for the icon to disappear, you will need to log out of your FB. Click on the FB icon(like how you'd normally access to FB)
    When you're already in FB, click on the BB menu button then you will come across a list...Click on Options and click on Logout.

That should do the trick. It took me a while to figure out how to make that FB mini logo disappear.

HTH!
    Last edited by Bedhead; 06-19-09 at 11:57 PM.
    06-19-09 11:42 PM
    going into facebook and clicking options totally worked ... I know it sounds lame but that little f was getting on my nerves ........ thanks to you and all who took the time to help me ...... I am soooo darn excited about my bb and want to learn it all ...... thanks to your kindness it is going better!
    06-20-09 10:16 AM
    Yeay! Glad it worked! I have been obsessed with my BB since i got it 2 weeks ago. Am loving it to bits! Meanwhile, enjoy your BB!

BB users ROCK big time!
    06-21-09 09:34 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD