Hello,
    Since upgrading to Facebook 2.0 on my Torch I am now receiving notifications on my phone. I have changed the notifications setting to turn them off but they still appear. I have done a battery pull, have uninstalled, done a battery pull and re-installed FB and it is still happening. If anyone has any suggestions they would be greatly appreciated.
    07-28-11 09:05 PM
    No suggestions as I'm having the exact same problem.
    Sure hope someone can help.
    I've turned them on - reboot - turned them off - reboot - pull battery - NOTHING works...arrg!
    07-29-11 09:58 AM
    Same for me also, keen to stop it doing this as the last thing i want is a 4am notification dragging me out of bed.

hope there is a fix
    07-29-11 10:47 AM
    Thank you both at least I know that I am not the only one. I thought I was missing an obvious solution.
    07-29-11 06:43 PM
    Same here. Uber annoying. I have found the only way to make them stop (I HATE that icon in the corner) is to log off every time you're done on the app. BUT, every time you want to send a picture to facebook, it makes you sign back in. So frustrating. I'm hoping something gets done about it.
    07-29-11 08:56 PM
    Same for me also, keen to stop it doing this as the last thing i want is a 4am notification dragging me out of bed.

hope there is a fix
    you should use bedside mode and set it to all alerts off. it gives you a nice soft glow clock and NO alerts.
    07-29-11 09:13 PM
    ditto here for the alert icon. Notifications turned off. Running BBOS 6.x
    07-30-11 09:01 PM
    I have the same problem with my Curve 8530 running v5.0.0.973 and facebook v2.0.0.37
    08-03-11 08:00 AM
    Hello,
    Since upgrading to Facebook 2.0 on my Torch I am now receiving notifications on my phone. I have changed the notifications setting to turn them off but they still appear. I have done a battery pull, have uninstalled, done a battery pull and re-installed FB and it is still happening. If anyone has any suggestions they would be greatly appreciated.
    btw, please correct the title of this thread. Notifications spelled incorrectly and may prevent others from finding this thread.
    08-03-11 08:22 AM
    This happens to me, too. I downgraded to a beta version of FB that didn't have this issue with notifications. I can't believe they actually released this version without fixing this problem!
    08-19-11 12:05 AM
    Try this guys....
    Facebook v2.0.0.45 Hotfix
    �Addresses the issue of the application freezing and the News Feed not refreshing

https://appworld.blackberry.com/webstore/content/680
    08-19-11 02:27 AM
    Notifications concerning replies or Wallpost addressed to me are great. But I don't wan't to get notified of every Group Action and Like, really wanting to have some options here within the App (also those Group Notifications doesn't even get pushed RealTime to me and therefore are even more useless).
    08-19-11 02:57 AM
    This just started happening today to me. I can't turn them off no matter what I do. I didn't upgrade. Did it upgrade by itself? I hate that app. I keep it to occasionally look at pictures but other than that I like the mobile site 100x better. If I have to delete it I will.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-19-11 08:17 PM
    I also have this problem, since I upgraded to the 9930. Can't seem to turn the notifications off, no matter what I try! I want the notifications on my PC, but not on my phone. I did not have this problem on my old Tour. I suspect that this is due either to the FB app version, or OS7. Hoping we see a fix soon.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-20-11 08:44 AM
    I, as well. this app came out while i still had my tour and i was having the same issue and i have them turned off everywhere possible. Got my 9900 yesterday and still same problem, obviously.

Soooo annoying.
    09-08-11 02:31 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD