Anyone know when Facebook 1.9 will come out of Beta? Even just roughly, from past experience?

Also any truth to the rumours that one it leaves beta it will include Facebook Places?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-03-10 09:48 PM
    Anyone know when Facebook 1.9 will come out of Beta? Even just roughly, from past experience?

Also any truth to the rumours that one it leaves beta it will include Facebook Places?

People on the Facebook 1.9 beta zone forums have suggested the addition of Facebook Places, but we haven't seen or heard of anything new just yet. The updates in the beta are welcome, but it's not exactly a radical development.
    11-03-10 11:33 PM
    Any word in the beta zone about when it'll go public? How long do these things usually take?

11-04-10 07:34 AM
    Any word in the beta zone about when it'll go public? How long do these things usually take?

Why don't you just register to the beta zone yourself and start using it?

I think the biggest enhancement on 1.9 is that you can access the complete Facebook inbox, and your friendlist looks better too.
    11-04-10 07:42 AM
    11-04-10 07:50 AM
    Yes they added a few enhancements, still wish it had a upload video option like Iphone and Android offer on their native FB app. I really enjoy the way the friends list is displayed and the search option tab now. 1.9 runs smooth and faster in my opinion.
    11-05-10 07:44 PM
    Why don't you just register to the beta zone yourself and start using it?
    Don't have access to a computer with blackberry software and internet access at the moment. Plus I hear there's still a few things that need ironing out.
    Apologies.

Any futher word on whether or not it'll have Places?

11-08-10 10:55 PM
    The current 1.9 beta app I'm running doesn't have places and they haven't released one that does at this point in time.
    11-09-10 01:13 AM
    I really hope they include places! I'm not 18 yet, so I can't join. Can someone please feedback to them? Thanks!

11-09-10 02:08 AM
    The official BlackBerry blog post when the Facebook 1.9 beta was released to Beta Zone stated that the final release of 1.9 would have Facebook Places and additional user interface tweaks that are not present in the current beta. It also said that Facebook Chat would be included in a "future version" (which I take to mean 2.0).
    11-09-10 07:54 AM
    What about support for the new Facebook Groups? It was in the 1.4 Android update... Is it in the beta? Any mention of when we'll see it?

11-09-10 08:00 AM
    Please don't assume that RIM shares any release info with us at all. Because they don't.

The past 2 or 3 releases (BBM, Traffic, Twitter) were actually a version or two higher than what we were testing...and I found out it was released to the public via twitter (not @BlackBerry) and not from the Beta Zone.

We're happy little mice testing software for them...but we know nothing :-P

11-09-10 08:09 AM
    I just check the version available to beta testers and it's still 1.9.0.12. It leaks memory and doing an install using the USB method hosed my OS last week. Installing from beta zone OTA was the work around.

It needs more work before it goes live, imo.
    11-09-10 08:24 AM
    1.9 seems 2 b hvin issues frm the threads I've read so I think I'll jus wait a while longer b4 I dwnload

11-10-10 06:39 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD