Hi all;

Yesterday I update my FB version 1.8.0.49 with 1.9.0.20 from BB App World. It appeared that the latest version drain my battery significantly compared to before my update.

Could somebody inform me where can I download back the 1.8.0.49 version?

Thanks for your attention.

Viator
    9780/OS 6
    01-22-11 10:09 AM
    The FB app doesn't drain your battery no matter what version you use just so long as it is not a running application all the time. It does not need to be running to still get push notifications.
    01-22-11 08:29 PM
    Hi Scott;

Thanks for your feedback.
    Actually I did not turn FB on all day but did not measure it, minute by minute when I turn it on. Estimated once every 3 hours for about 10 minutes.
    However, using the same (more or less) rate of utilization with the previous version I feel that now the battery drain significantly faster.

Therefore I would still prefer to downgrade if somebody would inform me where to download v.1.8.0.49. Be waiting. Thanks.

Viator
    01-22-11 09:18 PM
    No stay with the version you have and stop being paranoid about battery life. Both versions come with "EnergyStar" symbol.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    viator likes this.
    01-23-11 11:29 AM
    i must say the FB APP ON BB is the worst version on any OS platform that is out right now.. the UI is so blah
    viator likes this.
    01-23-11 07:18 PM
    Viator,

I am having the same battery drain problem. I installed Facebook version 1.9 fresh (didn't upgrade) and my battery life is significantly worse. I estimate I get 5-10 hours less since install. This is true when I have the app closed. I am using push notifications could this be the reason? Notifications is the main reason I have the app so I do not want to turn them off.
    01-24-11 12:44 PM
    Guys i dont have appworld in my country but i upgraded to Facebook 2.0 and i dont like it, can anyone help me where i can download the 1.9 version?
    08-24-11 03:35 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD