anyone else having issues getting msg sent to there facebook app, mines been great till the weekend then all of a sudden not getting any notifications of msg been sent to me (inbox msgs)
    use top be like this with 1.7 but since going to 1.8 never had this issue
    08-08-10 11:53 AM
    same exact problem here
    08-08-10 01:52 PM
    must be a facebook thing then doing some sort of stuff behind the scenes hopefully start working again , dont realise how much you need it till it stops working
    08-08-10 02:11 PM
    Had the same issue this morning, seems to be better now, not sure if it's FB or specifically 1.8
    08-08-10 02:39 PM
    That's what I was thinking as well... Facebook does so many behind the scene changes... My push notifications are a hit and miss today... Sucks but I hope it all clears out...

*sidenote*

Since OS 6 has a slightly higher update of FB 1.8 I wonder will someone leak that soon

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-08-10 03:57 PM
    yep having this issue also and missed out on some important updates from friends thanks to it :-(
    08-08-10 04:12 PM
    That's what I was thinking as well... Facebook does so many behind the scene changes... My push notifications are a hit and miss today... Sucks but I hope it all clears out...

*sidenote*

Since OS 6 has a slightly higher update of FB 1.8 I wonder will someone leak that soon

1.8 is out there its in the betazone and some people have been getting it to test. know there was a download on the net as there was a thread about it somewhere in the 3rd party forum and info on how to install it on bbleaks
    08-08-10 04:42 PM
    1.8 is out there its in the betazone and some people have been getting it to test. know there was a download on the net as there was a thread about it somewhere in the 3rd party forum and info on how to install it on bbleaks
    Yeah I have the leaked version floating around from beta zone but I saw that there was slight different version, maybe the final version of 1.8, on the os 6

08-08-10 05:33 PM
    I just installed the leaked 18. last night and haven't received a single notification since. If this issue happens the rest of the day I will probably downgrade and wait for an official release from RIM.
    08-09-10 09:54 AM
    fellas, try this and let me know if it works.
    i got this from another posterer after doing some research cause my beta stopped working over the weekend as well

"easy. logout of FB on your BB. login to FB on your PC and delete the BB FB app under app settings. Login to FB again from your BB and they will work. You can also see the app get readded on your PC."
    08-11-10 04:29 AM
    yeah this happenede missed out on 8 notifications a friends request and a few inboxes, so i downgraded going to wait until a offical release as i hardly use the app anyway.
    08-11-10 04:35 AM
    fellas, try this and let me know if it works.
    i got this from another posterer after doing some research cause my beta stopped working over the weekend as well

"easy. logout of FB on your BB. login to FB on your PC and delete the BB FB app under app settings. Login to FB again from your BB and they will work. You can also see the app get readded on your PC."
    This fixed it for me. Thank You MaxPayne!!
    08-11-10 10:44 AM
    thought id update , started last friday/sat so on tues sick of missing notifications i went back to 1.7. never missed a notification since.
    so today thought id retry 1.8 (got a fake fb account just so i can send msg and pokes to test ) first msg came through no problems after that nothing.
    so did as above deleted the app from fb and then resigned in on phone. again first msg came through, sent a few more over the next hour none came through. went back to 1.7 been testing for the last hour and all msg and pokes have come through to phone.
    whatever has happened to 1.8 it aint working for me, not sure if rim have tried to shut down some of the cracked betas out there not sure if they can be seems odd a few people having problems getting noticfications using 1.8
    08-11-10 10:52 AM
    thanks that just saved me a few more trial and errors for the day, been playin with the 1.8 all day tryin diff things but nothing would send the notifications so back to the official version for awhile
    08-11-10 06:07 PM
    Thanks for posting. I thought it was something wrong with my phone.
    No FB notifications for me either.
    08-11-10 07:53 PM
    yea when i downloaded 1.8 like a month ago, it worked great. recently, it started skipping out on notifications. i have not found a way to fix it. the above fix that was posted works temporarily, then fails again soon after. i had to revert back to 1.7 till it all gets fixed.
    08-12-10 01:03 AM
    yea when i downloaded 1.8 like a month ago, it worked great. recently, it started skipping out on notifications. i have not found a way to fix it. the above fix that was posted works temporarily, then fails again soon after. i had to revert back to 1.7 till it all gets fixed.
    ya same story here. no matter what "fix" i try (there are several out there) it works for about a half day max, then fails. bummer. Looks like someone killed the beta.
    08-12-10 04:45 AM
    Mine are hit and misses now... Ill get them for a good while and then nothing... I keep hoping they start to push more faster... I'm wondering if I should go back 1.7 but I really don't want to know that I know how snappy 1.8 is.... Maytbe with the release of the Torch we might get a stable 1.8 of it... No one has done a confirm on what version it comes with or have they?

08-12-10 08:08 PM
    Hmmm...so I tried everything as far as not receiving email notification while getting same notification on my FB app. I read the above and stumbled upon something else inneresting. Someone mentioned to 'sign out of fb on your phone' (which is what I did) then proceeded to 'delete fb app', but when I got to this area, I was going to delete FB for blackberry smart phones, but went into it's settings and there was a box next to 'Send emails' so I unchecked that box and just recently received a FB noti and no email!! So try that instead of totally deleting your fb for bb smart phones. Then I logged back into my fb on bb (of course) and just thought I would share.
    08-14-10 09:55 AM
    Mine are hit and misses now... Ill get them for a good while and then nothing... I keep hoping they start to push more faster... I'm wondering if I should go back 1.7 but I really don't want to know that I know how snappy 1.8 is.... Maytbe with the release of the Torch we might get a stable 1.8 of it... No one has done a confirm on what version it comes with or have they?

I agree, someone with a torch wanna chime in and tell us what version of FB they have?
    08-14-10 11:33 AM

from what i found out over twitter from peeps that bought the torch....1.8.0.39 is the version they're using.
    08-15-10 02:58 AM
    from what i found out over twitter from peeps that bought the torch....1.8.0.39 is the version they're using.
    someone better extract it and make an OTA!!

well if its coming shipped with that version, an official for the rest of us cant be too far off.
    08-15-10 08:07 AM
    ===== QUOTE MaxPayne79 ====

===== /QUOTE ====

someone better extract it and make an OTA!!

well if its coming shipped with that version, an official for the rest of us cant be too far off.
    I tried it on my bold and it doesn't work. The icon dissapears after a reboot.

Posted from my BlackBerry using BerryBlab
    08-15-10 11:23 AM
    alright fellas, so i think i figured out how to get this beta working again. i did my little trick on friday and it's been flawlessly working since then. so lets begin.

make sure u have 1.8 installed on ur bb, log out, hop onto ur pc and log into fb, go over to the account tab -> applications setting...delete "facebook for blackberry smartphones" the usual. log out. Log back into ur BB and let fb load. hop back onto ur pc and log back into fb but this time go -> account -> account settings -> notifications. What u should see is the majority of the options unselected both for sms and email delivery. leave it like that..except for 1. Scroll all the way down to the bottom and under "other applications" u should have "facebook for bb smarphones" it should be unselected. SELECT IT. don't worry, u will not get a single email. But this is what enables it to communicate with the handheld which is something it stopped doing. so...click it (in the email delivery column), save changes and log out. and thats it. Then test it with a poke or something. i have friend who always pokes me back...and her poke came through.

so try it out and if it works, spread the word aaaaand...let me know.

thanx.
    08-15-10 10:22 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD