Hello people, I've searched the forum and couldn't find anything to solve this problem.

I deactivated my Facebook for a couple days and reactivated it earlier, I logged in to the Facebook app on my BB 8900 and since then I have been getting both the Facebook notifications AND the email notifications.

I've gone in to options and clicked the option of "Turn off all Facebook Email notifications" and it then proceeds to say "Sending notification settings to Facebook" then when it loads it says "There was an error sending notification settings. Please try again later". I tried hours ago and a few times since and it is still doing it.

Is there any solution to this? I only want the Facebook notifications to come through on my BB, not the emails.

Any help is greatly appreciated.
    09-16-10 05:04 PM
    Go into FB on your PC. Under app settings delete the BB FB application. This should log you out on your BB. If it does not, logout on your BB. Ensure the FB app is still deleted by using your PC. Login to FB on your BB. That should fix ya up.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-16-10 10:54 PM
    I am having the same problem and tried what you have suggested for the solution and it still is not working...
    09-21-10 04:09 PM
    I too would like to know how to get the email notifications of my BB. I made this bet you see...to go without Facebook until Thanksgiving...
    09-25-10 07:48 AM
    I think there is something wrong, I haven't gotten one notification since facebook was down for an hour or two on thursday, I think it was? Usually if facebook changes something notifications stop working for a little while. Hopefully they start working again. Its what makes the app worth using.

09-25-10 10:34 AM
    To stop the emails, just log in to FB on your PC and go to Account > Account Settings > Notifications tab and uncheck email next to anything you don't want an email for.
    09-25-10 10:47 AM
    I have the exact same issue as OP....started a few weeks ago I think

anyone has any solutions? I want to receive emails (not related to bb email at all), but don't want notification to be displayed on homescreen
    09-26-10 02:43 AM
    Is there any solution to this? I have been having these exact same problems for about three weeks now. Every time I get a Facebook notification, I get an email accompanying it saying exactly the same thing.

I've gone in to options and clicked the option of "Turn off all Facebook Email notifications" and it then proceeds to say "Sending notification settings to Facebook" then when it loads it says "There was an error sending notification settings. Please try again later". I have been trying for three weeks.

I am running Facebook v.1.8, I have uninstalled and reinstalled and performed countless battery pulls.

Does anyone have an answer? If not, can anyone link me to Facebook v.1.7?

Thank you.
    10-10-10 07:26 PM
    I never do this, but... *bump*

Does anyone know where I can email to get an official answer from RIM/Facebook?

10-11-10 07:48 AM
    i wasnt getting notifications either but i do now.Did you try rim website for a email address?
    10-11-10 07:54 AM
    I have sent an online form off. I really hope they can fix this - I have tried everything.

I will post back with an update.
    10-11-10 11:50 AM
    Apparently it's a known issue being worked on now.

10-15-10 12:28 PM
    1. if you want notifications on your FB BB app
    and
    2. if you don't want them coming to the email on your blackberry
    but
    3. DO want them coming to that same email address somewhere else (like your PC, or outlook...whatever)...

go to your BIS portal. to the right from the email address that is receiving the notifications you'll see "filter". click that. click "apply a new filter", call it "Facebook". then, in the next box, for "apply filter when", select "from: field"

then go to "contains" box and type "Facebook"

leave the rest of the boxes unchecked EXCEPT "do not forward messages to device"...tick that circle. then save.

so, with this, you will receive notifications on that email address IF you selected so in facebook on your computer, but won't get them on that email address in your BB.

i hope that makes sense.

i ended up doing this because i previously was getting notifications on my BB app but not in my BB email - only on my PC. for some reason, it was automatically not showing up in my BB email message list. but then, after updating the OS and then the BB facebook app...that changed and i needed to figure out a workaround without totally eliminating facebook email notifications everywhere.
    Last edited by builthatch; 10-18-10 at 10:19 PM.
    10-18-10 10:15 PM
    Does anyone have a download link for facebook v1.8 w/o BlackBerry data plan?

10-19-10 06:18 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD