So.....apparantly when using content protection, when you link specific contacts to the contacts in FB, the FB app takes over and you can no longer edit, sms, or email those contacts. When trying, all I get are the red X's in the message function, and further, when I try to edit the contact, it will not open, or edit the contact from the address book. When trying to show the contact, all I get is "Content Protection Enabled." Removed the FB application and all functionality restored to normal after deleting the specific fields and re-adding them.

Further, tried to re-install FB to see if the error resolved itself and it went back to it's normal state. I guess the next step is to try to remove the link that identifies the FB contacts. Once I figure that out (or if anybody else already has and is willing to speak up), then I'll try to re-install without those two linked together and see if the same problem exists.

Update: Keep Reading below for a workaround solution
    Last edited by motospeed9058; 10-22-09 at 01:40 PM. Reason: Solution Found!
    10-22-09 12:46 PM
    agreed, this was an issue, and thanks for our 2 minds we narrowed it down to facebook 1.7. Best thing to do is downgrade to FB 1.6 and hopefully FB techs are aware!

Iphone Vs Crackberry Apps seems to be leaving us in the dust with reliability and functionability and availability
    10-22-09 01:09 PM
    I noticed this problem about 2 days ago and its driving me NUTS!!! Please keep me posted if you figure out how to fix it.

Thanks.
    10-22-09 01:11 PM
    I just did a Google search for " Facebook 1.7 Content Protection" and there is a bunch of forums and threads w/ BB users the same issue!!
    10-22-09 01:18 PM
    I FOUND A WORKAROUND!!!!

View Document

Following this linked "theory", I re-installed FB, find the contact in FB, link to contact in address book, it will say the person is already linked and ask if you still want to proceed, click yes, answer the rest of the questions, then go back in and un-link if you so desire. Either re-linking or unlinking fixes the Content Issue.

Granted, this method sucks if you have a whole bunch of them linked, but it at least works till they figure it out. I also noticed that many other forums had said that any contact added after the 1.7 upgrade didn't have the link problem, it was only those that were linked prior to the upgrade.

So basically, re-link and then remove the link if you wish. Hope that helps.
    10-22-09 01:26 PM
    FYI This procedure did not work when downgrading to Facebook 1.6 after the original problem

This is getting annoying now =\
    10-22-09 03:43 PM
    Update: I reloaded 1.7 and did the connect to contact and remove and it fixed the viewing contact issue but not the contact protection over email address

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-22-09 04:58 PM
    Add me to the list, same problem here!
    12-13-09 01:23 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD