I cant seem to close this app. I mean I can get out to the home screen by hitting the back button or BB menu>close, but still seems to be running in the background (hold down BB menu or task manager). In the options I dont see an option to uncheck "in background when closed" like I had on a previous version of FB on my 9000. Can anyone help?
    12-15-09 11:05 AM
    I've noticed this lately as well and the only way it fully closes now if you sign out.

It's had absolutely no effect on my phone or battery life though.
    12-15-09 12:45 PM
    Seems odd. Doesn't run in the background for me. Which OS are you using?
    12-15-09 12:50 PM
    I'm currently on .405
    12-15-09 12:51 PM
    Seems odd. Doesn't run in the background for me. Which OS are you using?
    ^^ running stock 5.0.0.296

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-15-09 12:57 PM
    close out of it by going options/close then it stays int he application switcher for a little, takes a few minutes to fully close.

my problem with it is it wont load a lot of the display pictures, including my own, this jsut started happening 2 days ago
    12-15-09 12:59 PM
    close out of it by going options/close then it stays int he application switcher for a little, takes a few minutes to fully close.

my problem with it is it wont load a lot of the display pictures, including my own, this jsut started happening 2 days ago
    Oh OK...didn't know it would take a few to. Close out in open app task. Bar (holding down bb key). Also having same issue with pics. My profile pic is fine and so are most others. Just the same few everytime that won't load (cracked pic icon instead). Must be a problem on FB's side

12-15-09 01:02 PM
    Oh OK...didn't know it would take a few to. Close out in open app task. Bar (holding down bb key). Also having same issue with pics. My profile pic is fine and so are most others. Just the same few everytime that won't load (cracked pic icon instead). Must be a problem on FB's side

yeah take a minute or 2 sometimes to close, let me know if it works, yeah the cracked picture icon is up on mine and a few others, i thought maybe my Display Pic was down or soemthing because i havent logged into facebook in weeks but i checked and its ok....seems odd
    12-15-09 01:06 PM
    Off topic
    FB on my bb is so sluggish with loading and refreshing that I barely find it usable.

12-15-09 01:09 PM
    I agree. I've heard that the broken pics is from the privacy issue. But if they are my friends or myself I don't see whats private? I can see it on my computer. Also with the sluggishness of it. It used to be such a snappy app. Wish more apps ran as well as this phone does.
    12-15-09 01:14 PM
    Non of my contacts facebook pictures come up when they call. I didnt have this problem with my 9000. Is anyone else having this problem ?
    12-15-09 01:16 PM
    You have to go into your facebook contacts and link them. Everytime I update I have to do this for most my address book again. Tedious
    12-15-09 01:24 PM
    You have to go into your facebook contacts and link them. Everytime I update I have to do this for most my address book again. Tedious
    Yikes, i was wondering the same thing since some of my contacts linked by themself and some didnt, that could take forever!!
    12-15-09 01:59 PM
    It takes a little bit. With all these OS updates we are getting its driving me nuts!
    12-15-09 02:39 PM
    ^^ I wouldn't download a leaked OS. Official only. Is stock OS .296 the only legit OS

12-15-09 02:42 PM
    I've been installing and playing with leaks and betas since I bought the Pearl when it first came out for Verizon. I'm not complaining. Just stating info.
    12-15-09 02:49 PM
    I am running stock .296 but sometimes the facebook app will stay running it takes a few times for it to close. I never sign out of the app ever I always select close after I am finished,maybe the problem is because you are recieving notifications and in order to recieve it will keep the app consistantly running. But 5.0 could just be the reason many people are experiencing different issues.
    12-15-09 06:33 PM
    It takes a little bit. With all these OS updates we are getting its driving me nuts!
    Agree, if .423 makes it as an official this week or so i may just stick to that and do all of my settings over and then wait for the next full official release before i change. its nice to have most of the SMS glitches fixed though with the leaked OS's
    12-15-09 06:45 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD