Hi. I'm a BES admin with an 8900 on Orange in the UK. I've installed Facebook 1.6 and I am unable to connect on the mobile network or over WiFi. I have full admin rights to the BES server. All other apps work ok. I get an error message: "Could not connect because a data service is not available". I have MDS enabled. I have no IT Policies set apart from the blank default one. I have resinstalled. I have pulled the battery. I have re-activated from the BES. Still no joy. I really want to use this app. Any thoughts?
    06-18-09 10:49 AM
    I would really like some help with this. Any experts hiding out there?
    06-19-09 08:58 AM
    me too. cant send any messages at all
    06-19-09 10:57 AM
    What i do is hit the munu key and goto mobile site you can then send your message i dont like this app. i am going to unistall it today.
    06-19-09 11:06 AM
    I would really like some help with this. Any experts hiding out there?
    I have exactly the same issue... Have you already find a workaround?
    08-26-09 04:33 PM
    Hi everyone, I had one of our users come forward with this same problem today. He has an 8900 with Facebook version 1.6.0.21 installed, OS 4.6.1.231. We called T-Mobile to ensure his line had the BIS & BES, and we had them remove & re-add the services to the line.

The one glimmer of hope came when we swapped out a SIM card from one of our other 8900's and gues what... it worked! Perhaps the SIM card itself was not providing some of the correct permissions to the 8900.

I called T-Mobile and had them do a SIM swap, which has resolved the issue.
    09-25-09 04:27 PM
    Hi everyone, I had one of our users come forward with this same problem today. He has an 8900 with Facebook version 1.6.0.21 installed, OS 4.6.1.231. We called T-Mobile to ensure his line had the BIS & BES, and we had them remove & re-add the services to the line.

The one glimmer of hope came when we swapped out a SIM card from one of our other 8900's and gues what... it worked! Perhaps the SIM card itself was not providing some of the correct permissions to the 8900.

I called T-Mobile and had them do a SIM swap, which has resolved the issue.
    Doubt it was the sim because tons of users are having the same issues even myself. The problem is with facebook itself, they have been having major issues, even with the full site via pc since they began doing some upgrades and other behind the scenes things. My app works fine some days and others I can't connect or have a list of other issues. There are many recent threads on this...
    09-25-09 04:39 PM
    Doubt it was the sim because tons of users are having the same issues even myself. The problem is with facebook itself, they have been having major issues, even with the full site via pc since they began doing some upgrades and other behind the scenes things. My app works fine some days and others I can't connect or have a list of other issues. There are many recent threads on this...

DING!!! DING!!! DING!!! We got a winner...
    09-25-09 04:44 PM
    took battery and sim card out for like 20 seconds.. put them back.. it worked perfectly.. hope it helps.. thanks
    10-04-09 01:40 PM
    hi
    would this app work over wifi or i need to have a data plan?

TIA
    10-04-09 03:55 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD