FaceBook 1.6 has been released. Here are the links to where you can get it.

http://www.mobile.blackberry.com/ <~~~ OTA

BlackBerry - Facebook for BlackBerry Smartphones <~~~ Computer (Sends email)

Have fun....

BTW i just installed it so i dont know whats new.... but there are some changes!!!
    06-05-09 10:39 PM
    Hey Casp, is this beta or official?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-06-09 09:30 AM
    the site did not say beta... so would have to say official
    06-06-09 10:14 AM
    It is the official release and you can get it on the WAP browser at BlackBerry - Facebook for BlackBerry Smartphones ... I have been using this for 2 days and it is slower than molasses and that is due directly to it fetching user status' very time it connects. Wish there was an option to turn that off and only get them when I want that info.
    06-08-09 08:32 AM
    It is the official release and you can get it on the WAP browser at BlackBerry - Facebook for BlackBerry Smartphones ... I have been using this for 2 days and it is slower than molasses and that is due directly to it fetching user status' very time it connects. Wish there was an option to turn that off and only get them when I want that info.
    mine doesnt do that, i have to hit refresh, so mine is about the same speed as FB 1.5
    06-08-09 08:38 AM
    I really like the new app, some good updates. They took away to poke icon tho. You got to do it a different longer way.

06-08-09 09:24 AM
    I really like the new app, some good updates. They took away to poke icon tho. You got to do it a different longer way.

I think it is easier and more streamlined. You can do it either direct from a friends feed, just click pic takes you to their profile selct poke friend, or go to friends start typing the name, pick friend and poke.
    06-08-09 11:19 AM
    What are the key updates?

06-08-09 11:50 AM
    The biggest difference (since 1.5, anyway) is the ability to reply to comments and threads without following the link to the site and doing it from there. It also adds a tab (or section, or whatever you want to call it) at the top for Notifications, so you can go back to them more intuitively after browsing another tab, like Friends for example. They made it possible to copy phone numbers when viewing them, so they're easier to copy/paste into a BlackBerry contact's entry. The animation is smoother and the icons are prettier. The biggest differences are navigational fixes and shortcuts, and a more aesthetically pleasing interface.

06-08-09 02:43 PM
    1.6 seems to have removed the ability to manually connect a contact in the BB to Facebook. Seems to be all or none now! Am i missing something?
    06-08-09 04:03 PM
    1.6 seems to have removed the ability to manually connect a contact in the BB to Facebook. Seems to be all or none now! Am i missing something?
    It is still there for me. Go to your friends tab, highlight the contact you want to connect, press the bb key and select Connect to BlackBerry Contact.

06-08-09 04:18 PM
    Why do I still have to go to the mobile site to view a message that somebody has sent me?

All I get is a "xxx sent you a message" but then I have to go to the mobile site to read that message. Pretty rubbish really.
    06-08-09 04:32 PM
    This app is driving me nuts... I've been using the mobile site rather than the app for quite some time and I may just go back to that, but I figured I'd ask you guys here for some help first . Here are my issues:

1. I do not receive any notifications. If I go to the notifications tab it says *No Messages*. If I load up the mobile web site, or the PC web site, it is quite clear that I have 2 new notifications waiting. What gives here? Does this thing not show notifications? If so, its totally useless to me.

2. It *DOES* show a "notification" whenever I comment on someone's status or do anything else. Its like its treating the notification tab as a message log or something. This is also useless functionality for me. I don't need a record of every single comment I make throughout the day that I then have to go through and delete.

In summary:

- I want the app to SHOW me normal notifications (e.g., "John Doe also commented on your status.")

- I want the app to NOT SHOW a log of every comment I make on Facebook.

Is it possible to accomplish this, or should I just delete this thing and go back to the clearly more fully featured mobile web site?
    06-08-09 04:56 PM
    My issue with this is, my calender entries are not showing up on my Today Plus screen in themes. Anyone else having this issue?
    06-08-09 06:08 PM
    My issue with this is, my calender entries are not showing up on my Today Plus screen in themes. Anyone else having this issue?
    The today screen will only show the appointments from the default calendar database. In order to get them to display correctly once again, you need to go to default services and change the CICAL back to the one containing your appointments.

06-08-09 06:20 PM
    Probably because the FB calendar has replaced your other calendar as the default one. I've already deleted this as it duplicated my entire calendar! This was the same problem that occurred with 1.5. Don't you think they'd learn by now?

06-08-09 06:26 PM
    It is still there for me. Go to your friends tab, highlight the contact you want to connect, press the bb key and select Connect to BlackBerry Contact.

I no longer have that option to Connect to BlackBerry Contact. It's not in the menu. it was in 1.5
    06-08-09 07:10 PM
    I no longer have that option to Connect to BlackBerry Contact. It's not in the menu. it was in 1.5
    Did you try deleting and then installing the app again?

06-08-09 07:32 PM
    Can also be a BES issue if you are using BES. Also the notifications prob may be your email provider blocking the facebook notifications. People have been having problems with both comcast and yahoo.
    Last edited by theanswer3; 06-08-09 at 10:13 PM.
    06-08-09 10:08 PM
    I cannot find the the thumbs up "like" option...am I just missing something?
    06-10-09 01:18 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD