Hello everyone. My facebook app was working fine before installing 1.5. Now I dont receive any notifications on my bold for anything. I went and changed all the permissions to "allow". Any help is appreciated.
    05-06-09 10:36 AM
    have u reset ur device after installation?
    05-06-09 10:59 AM
    yes i have
    05-06-09 11:00 AM
    did you make sure email addresses are set up correctly?
    05-06-09 11:56 AM
    what do you mean? If my email is wrong then the whole app would'nt work. I can use the app, but i just dont get any messages on my phone when someone sends one to my facebook like I used to with the earlier version of FB
    05-06-09 01:28 PM
    help anyone?
    05-06-09 05:26 PM
    I'm having the exact same problem on my pearl
    I have deleted it to start again and re sent service books
    Any ideas?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-06-09 06:55 PM
    same problem here
    05-06-09 06:56 PM
    I'm not getting any notifications at all either.

05-06-09 07:31 PM
    Check your profile alerts?

05-06-09 08:20 PM
    Here's. an off topic question. I installed FB but don't care for it. How does one delete it from your berry. All other 3rd party apps seem to offer an option to delete, but not FB.

05-06-09 08:43 PM
    Here's. an off topic question. I installed FB but don't care for it. How does one delete it from your berry. All other 3rd party apps seem to offer an option to delete, but not FB.

delete it through the applications menu under settings.

So Im not the only one having the problem. Its not my profile cause I won't get messages even if I go into the FB app. Its not working at all!!! Perhaps I should go back to 1.2 version. Anyone know how?
    05-07-09 10:04 AM
    When I had the curve, I had a similar problem with 1.2

I ended up having to do the following in order:

1. Delete the FB app from my BB
    2. Go to FB on my PC and disable my alerts
    3. Log out of FB
    4. Log back into FB and enable my alerts
    5. Install the FB app back onto my BB
    6. Do a 30 sec battery pull

If that still doesn't fix the problem, repeat the process, but this time switch the order of #4 and #5.

I know that sounds dumb, but this fixed it for me on my 83xx while running 1.2. Might work on 1.5 too, not sure.
    05-07-09 10:14 AM
    what do you mean? If my email is wrong then the whole app would'nt work. I can use the app, but i just dont get any messages on my phone when someone sends one to my facebook like I used to with the earlier version of FB
    My FB email and my phone email are two different ones. I can update FB,etc but I don't get notifications. Did it this way on purpose.
    05-08-09 01:34 PM
    When I had the curve, I had a similar problem with 1.2

I ended up having to do the following in order:

1. Delete the FB app from my BB
    2. Go to FB on my PC and disable my alerts
    3. Log out of FB
    4. Log back into FB and enable my alerts
    5. Install the FB app back onto my BB
    6. Do a 30 sec battery pull

If that still doesn't fix the problem, repeat the process, but this time switch the order of #4 and #5.

I know that sounds dumb, but this fixed it for me on my 83xx while running 1.2. Might work on 1.5 too, not sure.
    Tried all that an still doesn't work! This is so annoying!!
    05-08-09 02:29 PM
    I had one of these problems before. I had to wipe and reinstall my OS and then it worked.
    05-08-09 03:03 PM
    why is it not working!!!!! im getting a little frustrated!
    05-12-09 01:49 PM
    My FB email and my phone email are two different ones. I can update FB,etc but I don't get notifications. Did it this way on purpose.
    what he said is true, thats how FB mobile works, u will get notification in ur FB mobile instead of receiving it in ur email (u still receive email notification but dont get notified in ur blackberry)

the first step to make ur FB mobile works is to make sure u have ur email (which is ur FB email) works fine in ur blackberry. Just to confirm ur email works in ur BB is by resending the service book thru e-mail settings.

-peace-
    05-12-09 02:17 PM
    what he said is true, thats how FB mobile works, u will get notification in ur FB mobile instead of receiving it in ur email (u still receive email notification but dont get notified in ur blackberry)

the first step to make ur FB mobile works is to make sure u have ur email (which is ur FB email) works fine in ur blackberry. Just to confirm ur email works in ur BB is by resending the service book thru e-mail settings.

-peace-
    but my problem is not the email notifications its the fb application notifications not working.
    05-12-09 03:00 PM
    ^^mine started doing this when I upgraded to .266 so I just deleted the FB app all together.
    05-12-09 03:11 PM
    but my problem is not the email notifications its the fb application notifications not working.
    thats what i was trying to say, if u cant get email notification in ur BB u wont get FB mobile (application) notification. I cant be more clear than this..

I'm using .266 and FB mobile ver 1.5.0.32 working just fine..

-peace-
    05-12-09 04:20 PM
    thats what i was trying to say, if u cant get email notification in ur BB u wont get FB mobile (application) notification. I cant be more clear than this..

I'm using .266 and FB mobile ver 1.5.0.32 working just fine..

-peace-
    Ok so I went into service books i only have my email address there no fb email address. Anyhow I sent it lets see what happens.
    05-12-09 06:04 PM
    So here's the thing: It's not possible for this to be the Facebook app's fault, unless your phone is receiving notification emails from Facebook and they just don't show up in the FB app. All the Facebook app does is takes the notification emails that you receive from Facebook TO YOUR EMAIL ACCOUNT and intercepts them, so that they show up in the Facebook app rather than your BlackBerry inbox. So even if the app is completely non-functional, the worst that happens is you get notifications in your BlackBerry inbox instead of the FB app.

So, here's how you troubleshoot this.

1. Log into the email account you have set up on your BlackBerry FROM A COMPUTER. For example, if you are set up to have your yahoo account go to your BlackBerry, log into mail.yahoo.com and see if you are getting notification emails from Facebook. Check your junkmail folder too. If there is nothing from Facebook in either your inbox or your junkmail, the problem is with the Facebook site and you need to make sure your email address is typed correctly on the notifications section of the Facebook website. Make sure there's not accidentally a space in front of it, etc. If you DO have notifications from Facebook in your inbox that aren't getting to your Blackberry, continue to step 2.

2. Make sure your email account is properly set up on your BlackBerry. Make sure you have resent your service books (in OS 4.6.0.266: Personal Email Set Up -> Menu Button -> Service Books -> Send Service Books), register in the Host Routing table menu (Options -> Advanced Options -> Host Routing Table -> Menu Button -> Register Now), and send yourself some test email to see if your BlackBerry is properly receiving email. If it getting email properly and you are still not receiving email from Facebook, procede to 3.

3. Go to your inbox, click the the menu button and choose View Folders, and check the Spam folder to make sure your Facebook email is not going there. If you are getting Facebook notification emails someplace in your BlackBerry folders but not the Facebook app, THEN you can blame the app. Check all of its settings with regards to your email address, try removing it, doing a battery pull and reinstalling it, etc. But for the record, I've never seen a phone that's getting email notifications from Facebook but the App (configured correctly) doesn't show new notifications.
    05-12-09 08:14 PM
    I've never seen a phone that's getting email notifications from Facebook but the App (configured correctly) doesn't show new notifications.
    this is exactly what is happening to me. I downloaded it earlier after moshpit said s/he was using FB with .266. and set all my notifications to on through the FB site. I got email notification to my bb, but the actual app itself is blank.
    Last edited by TeritaM; 05-12-09 at 08:33 PM.
    05-12-09 08:31 PM
    Are the other features of the app working? Does your friends list populate correctly, etc?

05-12-09 09:26 PM
32 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD