Using "Iconify", I have created a number of "applications", which are basically just launchers to various Web sites with a custom icon...
I want to extract these "applications", so that I can upload them somewhere.
Is this possible on a BlackBerry?
- 11-26-12, 07:41 AM #2
No, I don't think so, because those application backups would be stored in some sort of backup archive, wouldn't they?
I want to be able to extract the Web shortcuts I've created using Iconify, and then upload them somewhere, such as BlackBerry App World...
They are just URLs and icons, but the process at the link you described only makes the "apps" available for me... I want them in a form that I can upload.
I know I can build Web links into themes - I've done this before - I just thought I might be able to extract these particularly Web links...
- 11-28-12, 09:48 AM #6
I could be wrong, so anyone can correct me about this, but....
I think it is highly doubtful that Matthias (the developer/emacberry) would allow for his proprietary application to create icons, made the Iconify application icon shortcuts to be able to be extracted. Especially to be migrated elsewhere.
If this was the case, then it wouldn't be proprietary any longer.
Any single individual could just download the application, create icons and post them in a DropBox account here for millions of members to download them.
Then there would no longer be a need for anyone to actually purchase the application in the future. Then bye-bye to earnings and the business.
Again, makes sense to me but I could be wrong...
- By smorloc in forum Theme Developers CornerReplies: 42Last Post: 05-11-13, 12:17 AM
- By QuiteSimple in forum Theme Developers CornerReplies: 4Last Post: 09-14-10, 11:31 AM
- By Don_Ignacio in forum BlackBerry Bold 9000Replies: 4Last Post: 10-17-09, 05:19 AM
- By iotum-steve in forum General BlackBerry DiscussionReplies: 10Last Post: 11-22-08, 12:26 PM
- By max2770 in forum BlackBerry OS AppsReplies: 0Last Post: 02-03-08, 06:12 PM