I have Facebook v 1.7.0.22 installed and there doesn't seem to be a way to exit the silly thing. I can close it, but it is still running in the backgroun and I still get notifications from it.

I want to be able to completely exit it so I get no notifications. Is there a way to do that? Or a version that does that?
    02-15-10 04:05 PM
    Mine always shut down before, but now it is not.. I am running 5.0.0.419 OS Maybe its a bug?
    02-15-10 05:05 PM
    Delete the app..?
    02-15-10 05:17 PM
    I have Facebook v 1.7.0.22 installed and there doesn't seem to be a way to exit the silly thing. I can close it, but it is still running in the backgroun and I still get notifications from it.

I want to be able to completely exit it so I get no notifications. Is there a way to do that? Or a version that does that?
    Menu-Options-Log out.....
    02-15-10 05:21 PM
    I still get notifications from it.

You get notifications because it is a BB app and integrated to RIM's servers and such, therefore it gives you notifications based on the email used.

Shutting down the app will not do anything, as the notifications will persist. The only way to stop them is to log out every time, but that may be an annoyance to have to log in and out every time.

If you really don't want notifications, then you should log out and uninstall the app, and use the web version of the facebook (I think it's x.facebook.com). This way, you can use facebook and the notifications will cease (at least the BB notifications, I assume you'll still get email notifications)
    02-15-10 05:57 PM
    I never had to ''log out before" I would always hit close then hold the bb key in to see what was running and it was never there.. This is new..
    02-15-10 06:33 PM
    I never had to ''log out before" I would always hit close then hold the bb key in to see what was running and it was never there.. This is new..
    When you close out, wait a minute or so, then check using bb key. It should go away.

I used to think it would never close, but after hitting menu>close, it stayed in the ribbon for about 30 secs, then would go away

I by no means am advocating for the facebook app, as I think it leaves a lot to be desired...it has, however, cut down on my email since I have a dedicated app that handles the notifications, etc.
    02-15-10 07:43 PM
    I never had this issue with OS4.7 or even .419 but I think the facebook app was older version. Once I closed it, it was gone and no notifications. Odd. I might try to find an older version and try that.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-15-10 08:42 PM
    Double tap
    Last edited by JonB74; 02-15-10 at 09:46 PM.
    02-15-10 09:42 PM
    Well it looks like the latest FB update may be the cause. I had unchecked all email notifications on my FB settings. Checked tonight and some are re-enabled after they updated the FB layout last week.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-15-10 09:45 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD