The testing group isn't open to just any and everyone. Paul (the brains behind the operation) has a testing group that has been used for quite some time now. The application is locked since it was previously leaked. Installing links you may find will just create more trouble for you as you will have to remove and load the official one again.
    Oh. sucks for me I guess
    06-26-10 07:38 PM
    OHHHHHH UBERTWITTER! WHAT HAVE YOU DONE TO ME!!!! I love the new version!!!!!!! RIM, UT has upped the ante once again!!!!
    06-26-10 08:00 PM
    Is there push notifications in the update?
    06-26-10 08:09 PM
    At least on the setup steps I saw nothing related to push notifications.
    06-26-10 09:03 PM
    I have the update now, but unfortunately, have yet to receive a mention or a DM to find out. But more than likely, its a no go.
    06-26-10 09:41 PM
    Where is the URL for this download. I have searched and cannot find it?
    06-26-10 10:12 PM
    I didn't find it. I am testing it, and providing feedback.
    Good to hear it's close! Hope you work out the bugs soon, looking forward to a full release.
    06-26-10 10:47 PM
    Loving the new UT! It ROCKs...especially since one of the color schemes is PURPLE!
    06-26-10 11:39 PM
    in my opinion the new UI is nice. Love the way you can change the color schemes (blue, pink, nature, black, and purple). Love the new "mute" feature that lets you temporarily block someone. (ex. tweeting too much, annoying tweets). Not exactly sure what the purpose of the "uber channels" are for but ehh. Tweetphoto def works A LOT faster when uploading a pic into a tweet. I think its funny if you go to a users info it tells you in bold letters if that person is following you are not.

I dont like the way the app scrolls, it just seems a little buggy. When you push the BB button for the menu to pop up there is WAY TOO MANY options and actions. That definitely needs to be condensed.

Still testing for the next couple days. Overall great update, but i will have T4BB in the background
    06-27-10 12:53 AM
    I'm kinda jealous cause I really wanna try the new version. I don't know why I can't download it but maybe it only works for OS 5.0 for now? Does anyone using the new version with OS 4.5?
    06-27-10 12:58 AM
    I'm kinda jealous cause I really wanna try the new version. I don't know why I can't download it but maybe it only works for OS 5.0 for now? Does anyone using the new version with OS 4.5?
    from the email announcement i got

This build only supports blackberry operating systems 4.6, 4.7, and 5.0, we are still working on the older OS versions.
    06-27-10 07:57 AM
    Can't wait for the full release!!!!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-27-10 03:54 PM
    Me either.
    06-27-10 04:08 PM
    The beta looks so amazing although the gradients arent the best I love this new UI the themes look nice.
    06-27-10 06:03 PM
    Is it ok for us to DL the beta if we have not been officially invited?

06-27-10 07:41 PM
    You can definitely download even though you are not part of the closed testing phase. Ubertwitter even acknowledged its leaking and is ok with it.

Twitter / ÜberTwiter : For those who've downloade ...

Now, the only problem is the quality of the app in this stage of production.
    Its very slow, has memory leaks, and has trouble connecting to the API.

It might look pretty to some people with the new themes, but personally i think it's tacky and crowded. I switched back to .971 as soon as i could.

�berTwitter DEV <- Download link; visit using your BB browser.

Tread carefully, bigger is not ALWAYS better.
    06-27-10 08:31 PM
    Thanks.

I may just hold off. The current version works just fine for me. I'll give the dev time to get things finalized.......

06-27-10 08:38 PM
    You can definitely download even though you are not part of the closed testing phase. Ubertwitter even acknowledged its leaking and is ok with it.

Twitter / ÜberTwiter : For those who've downloade ...

Now, the only problem is the quality of the app in this stage of production.
    Its very slow, has memory leaks, and has trouble connecting to the API.

It might look pretty to some people with the new themes, but personally i think it's tacky and crowded. I switched back to .971 as soon as i could.

�berTwitter DEV <- Download link; visit using your BB browser.

Tread carefully, bigger is not ALWAYS better.
    Thank you for the URL, I installed it and have not noticed a great big difference in either version.
    06-27-10 09:01 PM
    He took that link down... that stinks, I missed the train again... (anybody else have a working link? If not, oh well...)
    06-30-10 03:17 PM
    I'm guessing the absence of that link means release may be around the corner.
    06-30-10 03:30 PM
    I'm guessing the absence of that link means release may be around the corner.
    Im hoping around the corner means like, tomorrow... But yes, I believe it will be very soon.
    06-30-10 09:14 PM
    anyone have a working link for version .9747??? They are all not working
    07-01-10 02:12 AM
    We have removed the leaked test version in preparation for a full release, it will be announced here first
    Twitter / ÜberTwiter : We have removed the leaked ...
    07-01-10 06:01 AM
    I'm definitely ready for the official release!

After my experience with downloading the leaked release, I think I will wait for official releases from here on out! (my phone was stuck in a constant 'reboot' cycle and I actually had to get it replaced...hadn't had any problems with the phone whatsoever until I had downloaded the leaked version of the release...so when they say 'do so at your own risk', I know firsthand that it's a big risk you're taking..lol) But from what I saw with the leaked released the short time I was able to use it before my phone shutdown, I think Uber is gonna be 10x better than it was before!! I LOVED the fact that I could make the background pink, and I was so easy to see who was following/not following me....if Uber could just make some way that you could approve follower requests, this would be the best BB app EVER (just in my humble opinion...lol)
    07-01-10 09:50 AM
    I dont know why they post they new release will be happening shortly and now its 7 or 8 hours later and no release. Keeps their email and timeline flooded with "when is it coming out?"
    07-01-10 03:07 PM
97 1234
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD