I'm a new BB user. I would like to save a couple of Excel spreadsheets on my Verizon 8830. I sent them to my BB via email attachment and I can open them but I can't find any menu options to save them to my BB.
    The BB Desktop manager doesn't seem to have the ability to save anything except audio and video files to my memory card.
    Do I have to load some form of Microsoft Excel onto my BB?
    04-24-08 03:23 PM
    You should enable Mass Storage mode on your BB. Go to Options > Media Card and enable mass storage mode and auto enable mass storage mode. This way you can simply open Windows Explorer and drag the files you want to your memory card.
    04-24-08 03:29 PM
    Do you know if the new curve comes with the software to view and edit MS apps?
    04-24-08 03:35 PM
    You would need third party software to edit them. eOffice, BeamBerry, and gridMagic just to name a few.
    04-24-08 04:34 PM
    GridMagic CE is FREE!!!
    04-24-08 04:46 PM
    Thank you very much! IS there one or the other that is preferred overr others?
    04-28-08 11:00 AM
    I use gridmagic and it works just fine for me and its also free.
    04-28-08 11:06 AM
    SUNKAST wrote:
    You should enable Mass Storage mode on your BB. Go to Options > Media Card and enable mass storage mode and auto enable mass storage mode. This way you can simply open Windows Explorer and drag the files you want to your memory card.

I did all that and the spreadsheets show on my BB in Windows Explorer but I can't locate them on the actual BB.
    Last edited by braceman; 05-13-08 at 03:23 PM.
    05-13-08 03:19 PM
    I don't believe Grid magic can use files stored on the SD card. You can save the attachment if you get a spreadsheet via mail but it gets saved internally, I believe. I have not checked Grid's site to see if this has changed. Frankly, trying to edit, insert, move and copy data on the small screen and keyboard is not very easy. I wish it did macros.
    05-13-08 04:23 PM
    waiting patiently for Documents2Go for BB. It's great on Palm and should remedy this sorts of issues for BB once it gets released.
    05-14-08 01:39 PM
    Can I get the link to gridmagic please?
    05-14-08 02:00 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD