I was just wondering if anyone else was able to go to ESPN Radio web page, load the radio player, and actually listen to ESPN Radio?
    09-23-09 03:20 PM
    So far the best I've been able to do is access the mobile site and get the auto updates, though I never put that much time in to getting the radio to work

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-23-09 03:28 PM
    Stitcher Radio has an ESPN channel.

I have a Sprint Curve 8330.

I downloaded Stitcher at this site: stitcher.com/desktop_dl.php

8330 isn't listed there but I used the 8300 link and everything works fine.
    09-24-09 01:45 AM
    Stitcher Radio has an ESPN channel.

I have a Sprint Curve 8330.

I downloaded Stitcher at this site: stitcher.com/desktop_dl.php

8330 isn't listed there but I used the 8300 link and everything works fine.
    Stitcher.com - Desktop Download
    09-24-09 06:11 AM
    I just stream ESPN radio thru the moodio website via the BB browser.

You can get the "local" ESPN radio stations as well. I get ESPN Radio - Chicago. I haven't checked, but I'm sure that the Boston affiliate is there too.
    Last edited by Crackdenny; 09-24-09 at 09:56 AM.
    09-24-09 09:50 AM
    depending on what show your trying to listen too...sometimes they are broadcasted on a local channel...for that i just use Nobex or Iheartradio and find the station.

For example: Jim Rome is on ESPN 850 here in cleveland I usually will use nobex to listen to 850. But if their stream isn't working i'll get on iheart and listen to the local LA affiliate KLAC.

But this is for the tour so it may not help
    09-24-09 09:59 AM
    I just stream ESPN radio thru the moodio website via the BB browser.
    Question about moodio....before the streaming audio begins I hear the phone ringing. Does moodio connect as a phone call and does using it count against my minutes?
    09-24-09 10:19 AM
    Question about moodio....before the streaming audio begins I hear the phone ringing. Does moodio connect as a phone call and does using it count against my minutes?
    I don't know why it makes the "phone ringing" noise as it establishes the connection, but I've listened to ESPN over it all day, every day at work (bad AM radio reception) and no minutes have ever shown up against my monthly bill.

On the moodio site it says:

WARNING!
    Listening to Moodio means you will be downloading a lot of (audio) data. If you don't have a "flat fee" or "unlimited download" subscription with your mobile operator, this can become very expensive!
    So it's a data download, not a phone connection.

Besides, when my wife calls me, it interrupts the audio player and puts her call thru. If it was a phone connection, she'd be shunted over to my voice mail...
    09-24-09 02:35 PM
    Thanks Crackdenny. I have played around with Moodio this afternoon and it is great.
    09-24-09 02:40 PM
    Thanks for the help. I am wanting to listen to Mike and Mike and The Herd.
    09-24-09 03:59 PM
    I tried the moodio webpage to listen to espn radio and everything works out fine. My question now is after I exit out of the media player and webpage, the down/up arrows in top right corner won't stop appearing. They will remain there for at least 20 minutes after I have closed out of espn radio. Anyone got any advice?
    09-25-09 12:27 AM
    The Nobex Radio Companion has multiple ESPN Radio feeds, including WEPN New York, WMVP Chicago and may more. nobexrc.com. Nobex Radio Companion - See what's playing, hear what's playing, get what's playing![/url].

iheartradio has one ESPN Radio feed from Michigan. All national programs except afternoon drive time. Also the only internet radio app that I've found that has Fox Radio Sports. Available at the BlackBerry App store.

Finally FlyCast has 3 or 4 ESPN Radio feeds. It includes on demand links to ESPN podcasts as well, but I've had no luck getting these to work. FlyCast help desk tells me the problem is from ESPN server. Also available at the BlackBerry App store.

All of these apps are FREE! FlyCast and iheartradio require BB OS 4.5 or higher.

I have all of these on my 8330 and all work pretty well. iheartradio has best audio quality and good buffering. Nobex loads up most quickly and also buffers well. FlyCast lets you rewind to segments that ran prior to when you log on and, as noted, has on demand links to podcasts.
    09-25-09 06:57 PM
    Tried streaming ESPN feeds on Moodio and they work as described by others. One negative I noticed is that the screen stay s lit throughout. Nobex, FlyCast and iheartradio all go dark while streaming, which should significantly reduce battery wear. Plus is that it uses native browser and media player, so no app to download.
    09-26-09 09:42 AM
    Anyone know the radio station on Nobex that has the Red Sox games?

09-28-09 07:55 PM
    Anyone know the radio station on Nobex that has the Red Sox games?

So far as I know, there are no radio stations that stream actual games online - whether it's MLB, NFL, NHL, NBA, or NCAA. Since moodio and other streaming radio services can only pick up what the station puts out in the streams, no games are available - sorry...
    09-29-09 08:58 AM
    I found a station Sunday night on nobex who was playing the Colts game (1070 WFNI-AM out of Indianapolis, IN). Also, 830 KLAA out of Los Angeles says in their description they are the home of Angels baseball, never listen to it so don't know if this is true. So I thought maybe I could find one for the Red Sox game.
    09-29-09 01:58 PM
    I found a station Sunday night on nobex who was playing the Colts game (1070 WFNI-AM out of Indianapolis, IN). Also, 830 KLAA out of Los Angeles says in their description they are the home of Angels baseball, never listen to it so don't know if this is true. So I thought maybe I could find one for the Red Sox game.
    MLB does not allow stations to stream games and the only way to get the broadcasts is with the subscription to MLB.com Gameday Audio. I purchased a subscription and it has been worth every penny!
    09-29-09 03:44 PM
    How much is that?

I got the red sox game going on Nobex 103.7 WEEI
    Last edited by redsoxnation17; 09-29-09 at 06:13 PM.
    09-29-09 06:03 PM
    If you did catch a Red Sox game on Nobex it was by mistake. Games are required to be blacked out. As noted, you need to subscribe to Gameday Audio on MLB.com. $2.50/month, but occasional promotions offered.
    09-30-09 07:43 PM
    i just found an app that streams the team1040 up here in vancouver canada.
    so canucks game and lots of sports talk as well as it plays some espn like the herd daily.
    10-01-09 12:57 AM
    anyone have a link to moodio? i need espn radio(national shows are fine with me) but it says i need flash player on the site i went to.....
    10-01-09 10:03 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD