Uncaught Exception - Java.Lang.NullPointerException
    Uncaught exception: applicationregistry.waitfor(0x7491f7b6ae80681a) timeout

I downloaded and installed Poynt and Viigo on my Blackberry Bold a few days ago and started getting these errors upon restarting the phone and entering my password. There was a third error that I didn't think to write down along with these.

This bold is only one week old and I like it very much.

What happened when I pressed ok for these errors was that my sms/mms, email, and message icons dissappeared from the main menu screen. From my setup menu my personal email set up, set up wi-fi, and set up bluetooth dissappeared. From settings my mobile network and screen and keyboard icons dissapeared. Along with these dissappearing my phone became sluggish and had difficulties responding to any action including turning off (so I hard reset it by removing the battery).

I am not saying these programs are at fault ** HOWEVER** I did remove Poynt and all is well so far. Restarted my phone and I did not receive error messages. I will update this post if they reappear.

Any feedback from a programming savvy blackberry user or just anyone else who has experience with these problems would be great.
    07-08-09 09:21 PM
    Wait a few days and if all is well, maybe try Poynt again. It's a really great app.
    07-08-09 09:23 PM
    Have you tried changing your theme and restarting the device? I had a theme on my bold the precision silver theme not the att theme and when I would restart my device I would get similar errors. I researched the CB Forums and found out sometimes its the theme so I changed themes and finally ended up deleting the theme for memory uses but never encountered the errors again.
    07-09-09 01:01 AM
    same errors appeared on my phone yesterday when i installed some apps. restarting and/or pulling the battery didnt solve the problem so i had to wipe the phone clean. also installed the .282 OS and it seems to solve the problem.
    07-09-09 02:45 AM
    My profiles icon from the main screen disappeared as well as a few others from the menu screen. I was trying to set up my BlackBerry as a modem and I unfortunately had to resort to having my service provider help me. They told me to turn off the phone, take out the battery and sim card for 30 secs, and restart.
    After that bye, bye icons! I have no clue what to do and they are telling me to take it to a service center to get it fixed but, I can't be without my phone for that long.
    Someone, please help!

THX
    08-26-09 08:56 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD