Upgraded to latest BB World App, now I can't update FB, Poynt, or enter My World. It won't read my email address in My World that's where I get the error. Help!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-12-11 02:25 PM
    Here's the different things I would try, in order:

1. Battery pull. After device reboots, see if App World works.
    2. While on the My World BBID sign-in page that isn't working, hold down your ALT key and type the 3 letter R S T. The ALT+RST will freeze App World, then close it. Re-open App World to see if it's fixed.
    3. Visit the App World webstore on your PC. Attempt to sign in to find out if the issue is specifically with the app or not. (You might not need to install an App World plug-in on your PC.)
      BlackBerry App World - Home
    4. Delete App World on device. It should offer to Reboot Now, and you should do so. If it doesn't ask you to reboot after deleting, perform a battery pull. After rebooting, re-install App World by downloading it from here with your BB's Browser:
      Download BlackBerry App World
    04-12-11 05:13 PM
    ^^^ That is all assuming you are 100% sure you're registered with App World and that you are correctly entering your info as registered.
    04-12-11 05:15 PM
    ^^^ That is all assuming you are 100% sure you're registered with App World and that you are correctly entering your info as registered.
    All it ask for is my BB email and password, I'll go back and try to register. I do get BB email, and have always gotten it. This didn't happen until I got the latest upgrade. When I tried to go in BB App World ylast night it wouldn't let me in, said I had to upgrade I did, and this is what happened.

04-12-11 07:27 PM
    Yeah. I think AW is forcing users of old builds to upgrade to the latest version where they use BBID's. I may be corrected, but from what I am reading is that you are trying to use an email address & password that you get pushed to your device. The BBID is something totally different. Have you set up a BBID? If not, you will need to create one with a password to use the new AW.

HTH.
    04-12-11 07:37 PM
    Thanks MADBRADNYC and everyone. After registering everything worked out great. Thanks a million.

04-16-11 12:31 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD