Tried Again and it worked this time. Setting in my home same place that I tried at least 10 times before.... I made no changes. Not sure Just glad it finally downloaded successfully
    09-14-08 08:27 PM
    What's the word on the beta version? Thought it was coming last month?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-09-08 09:25 PM
    I just looked on ePocrates website, and both the free version, and the pro version-which has the pill view-can be partially loaded on an SD card, 1.7mb of 9 mb for the free, and 2.0mb of 14 for the pro version. Not that much space savings. Also the pro version costs 60 bucks for a 1-yr subscription
    10-09-08 09:59 PM
    does anyone know how to read epocrates messages in a different order other than going from the top down?

Seems like when u hit read, it starts from there and u have to hit next to move on. Sucks if ur just interested in msg 2 or 3 but may want to read 1 later on
    10-10-08 08:52 AM
    So I was prompted to the update when my phone finished reinstalling epocrates after my latest os upgrade. The interface on the new version is completely reworked, and includes the pill view feature with both free and pro versions. it also includes apps for med math calculators, and tables which contain a number of informative features. All in all it looks like a nice upgrade. However, the only thing on the microSD card is the additional features, the remainder of the program is still on device memory taking up space. I have lived with it so far, so it doesnt bother me that much, Stedman's dictonary takes up even more space than this does.
    10-10-08 10:20 AM
    I've been trying out the new free version of epocrates, and I've been having problems with it. It seems like every couple of days, ill notice that my call logs, sms history, and chat logs from bbm will get wiped out. I have about 32mb (yes, 32,000,000kb) free after installation too (I'm on the 8330). If I uninstall the program, I'm sitting at 42mb free, my call logs and sms won't delete themselves, and it seems like the berry runs a lot smoother.

I'm not sure what's going on really...dunno if one of my 3rd party apps is messing with it. Here's what I've got installed:

Empower Pro
    Jivetalk
    Viigo
    Google maps
    Google sync
    Gmail application
    Sprint telenav
    MyPoynt
    Facebook
    Maratick

I always make sure to menu-�close out of my programs too. I think it might have to do with the google sync app - anyone else have problems that can confirm?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-16-08 07:08 PM
    might be the viigo because that is using up alot of my memory and causing it not to run smooth and hour glass all the time
    10-17-08 10:47 PM
    I get the same "MAL Stream Error". I too have the 8330 which I just purchased mainly to use Epocrates. I have tried downloading it in 4 different places many miles apart. So I don't think it is the cell site or signal strength. Other people at work have different model Blackberries and they do not have a problem. Could this just be limited to the 8330? Maybe a setting in the phone that needs to be changed?

I would really love to get this program working!!!!
    Hello,

The MAL Stream Error has been fixed in the new version of Epocrates for BlackBerry that released on 10/09/2008. Your observation is good -- it was an issue relating to poor network connectivity.

-Jeff
    10-28-08 02:16 AM
    All in all it looks like a nice upgrade. However, the only thing on the microSD card is the additional features, the remainder of the program is still on device memory taking up space.
    In the new version released on Oct 9th 2008, new features were added that increased the size of the application, such as Pill Pictures and Tables. Additionally, some of the medical content has been relegated to the SD card (when available and with enough free space; specifically, >= 32MB). As you noted, this is pretty much a wash in terms of freeing up more space.

Truth be told, there is a ton of data that has to render quickly, and that needs to support frequent content updates for accuracy, etc ... so having snappy performance and having a small memory footprint are at constant odds, with an obvious bias toward performance.

-Jeff
    10-28-08 02:28 AM
    My problem is that when I try to log onto the Epocrates site, the Epocrates site will not allow my to sign in because it states that I have Javascript disabled. I have enabled Javascript...but it still says that it is disabled. Any ideas???

Thanks...
    01-12-09 01:18 PM
    My problem is that when I try to log onto the Epocrates site, the Epocrates site will not allow my to sign in because it states that I have Javascript disabled. I have enabled Javascript...but it still says that it is disabled. Any ideas???

Thanks...
    I'm not sure if you are surfing to Epocrates via your desktop computer or your BlackBerry. These are two different scenarios.

1) You would surf to the main Epocrates web site via your desktop computer's web browser to edit your Epocrates account settings -- such as selecting or changing what drug formularies you see on your BlackBerry, upgrading from the Free to Pro version, etc. I would not suggest using your BlackBerry browser for this, as this website is optimized for large-screen devices (i.e., your desktop computer) and probably doesn't work well when browsed from a BlackBerry device. Perhaps this is why you are seeing the JavaScript error?

2) You would point the browser on your your BlackBerry device to a get.epocrates.com address only for downloading and installing the latest version of the Epocrates RxPro application -- either as a new installation, or to upgrade an existing version. You would not use your desktop computer for this.

Can you please clarify to which webpage you are trying to browse, and whether you are doing so on your desktop computer, or your BlackBerry device?

Thank you,
    -Jeff
    01-12-09 01:30 PM
    i had epocrates on my 8330 and it was working great until i updated the OS. i had to re-install epocrates and it intalls fine but i get the following error message when it does the auto-update after install:

error: session does not exist, may have expired.

wtf does this mean?! im not able to use the program at all now. pretty pissed.
    02-22-09 05:26 PM
    error: session does not exist, may have expired
    This issue began on Feb 22 2009, and has since been resolved. It caused quite a stir, because it looked as if the RIM infrastructure had suddenly changed how they routed network traffic to Epocrates servers.

After much hair-pulling, it was caused by a hardware problem (a bad cable!) in one of the off-site hosting facilities that serves up the BlackBerry data. So this issue should just magically "go away".

-Jeff
    03-05-09 01:35 PM
    OK, installed epocrates Rx Pro fine after a couple of attempts, but will not autoupdate. When I autoupdate, I get an error message that connection failed due to network error, and now my browser doesn't work either! Can't use browser OR epocrates... grrrr. Any thoughts?

Update: Rebooted, and browser etc now working, but epocrates still not updating, get memory full error when autoupdating, despite having loads of memory... Can't use app... Grrrr

Further update: OK, latest release of epocrates software seems to have solved the problem.....
    Last edited by bfuller71; 07-02-09 at 01:46 PM.
    07-02-09 03:11 AM
    @bfuller, I believe the issue could be because the network is unable to connect to the epocrates server for fetching updates. U know I am using Skyscape applications and I did receive the same error about memory full when I downloaded product or updated. I contacted their support and that is when they made me realize that it is because I was having my device connected to the desktop with memory card mounted as a drive. Gosh! I was so relaxed and embarrassed that my brains didnt work ) They gave me some steps to change settings so that the media card is not mounted.. They said disconnect your device from the desktop and then reconnect it, when it will ask you whether you wish to mount the card, just select NO. hope this resolves your issue issue as well. Or else contact your application developers.
    09-04-09 03:12 AM
40 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD