I have downloaded the Epocratres for my BB but it was so large and ate up so much memory that I could no longer get my text messages/emails. I deleted the application and problem solved.

I have heard through the grapevine that they are coming out with an Epocrates that runs off of the memory card. Has anyone heard any new news on this?

I had a drug rep come in last week with his new IPhone 3G and he has it on his and not only do you have the epocrates but it now has an option to actually view the pills and search for medication by the size/shape/color of the pill. Great for those patients that say I take the blue one at night....now you can search for blue pills and see all the options.

Thanks for your help
    07-23-08 05:46 PM
    I got rid of epocrates for the same reason. Would love it to run off the memory card! Qould love to be able to have the pill identifier. Running on PT's who have their little pill boxes but not a clue what they're on. I'll do some investigation and see what I can find.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-23-08 09:35 PM
    Me three! It takes up 9mb of space. Wayyyy too much in my book. I also noticed the pill identifier for the eyefone. Ughh!

I sent the nice people at epocrates an email and suggested they add the pill identifier and do what they can to shrink this memory hogging app if not allow it to run off a memory card.

08-09-08 09:55 AM
    I received an email from the nice folks from Epocrates asking me to be a beta tester for their Epocrates Blackberry version. I have complained that we cannot run this off of a memory card and the fact it nearly shuts my unit down when I have it on my blackberry so hopefully this will work better for us. Even it it can take info off the internet vs eating up memory.

I wish my blackberry had more internal memory!!
    08-21-08 12:45 PM
    How's the beta so far? Is it epocrates rx or epocrates essentials that you're beta testing?

08-23-08 11:57 PM
    9mb of space huh? Davis's Drug Guide for BB takes up 5.27mb and I thought that was a lot. I would surely purchase one of these apps if only they didn't have such a large memory footprint. Guess I'll have to wait for the Bold with its 1gb of internal memory
    08-24-08 06:22 PM
    All they have to do is to install the program into Device Mmeory just like every other Blackberry program and then allow the user (you) to select where to store the large data files (Media Card or Device Memory). You need to select because not everyone has a Media Card.
    08-24-08 06:50 PM
    How's the beta so far? Is it epocrates rx or epocrates essentials that you're beta testing?

The beta version will be available the first week of September. I will keep you posted.
    08-25-08 05:59 PM
    Great - thanks for the update! September is perfect timing for me. My PEPID trial just expired, and I was really considering purchasing it. I get epoc essentials free through my university though, and I haven't been able to take advantage of it because of my BB.

Is the beta supposed to be epoc essentials, or is it just a modified epoc rx that runs off the memory card?
    08-25-08 08:19 PM
    Please keep us updated...I have used epocrates for years , first on my old palm, and now on my blackberry. It would be fantasctic if they allowed loading on the mem card.
    08-27-08 07:34 AM
    Agreed, and the main reason I purchased "A to Z Drugs" from Skyscape.
    08-27-08 11:32 AM
    any updates on the beta? i don't see anything listed on the epocrates web site yet...
    09-04-08 10:46 PM
    Great - thanks for the update! September is perfect timing for me. My PEPID trial just expired, and I was really considering purchasing it. I get epoc essentials free through my university though, and I haven't been able to take advantage of it because of my BB.

Is the beta supposed to be epoc essentials, or is it just a modified epoc rx that runs off the memory card?
    I purchased PEPID when i was doing internal med last year and it was a GOD SEND. Seriously the best med prog i've used. For drugs I still find epocrates easier to sift through though.
    09-04-08 11:23 PM
    Hello
    I recently got curvy 8330, try to install epocrates on it. I tried multiple times, all ends up "MAL stream Error, more data expected" at 99%. I'm very much frustrated to a point I want to return the product.. any thought? any suggestion to fix it?
    thanks in advance!
    09-05-08 04:20 AM
    I get the same error on my curve but not my pearl

I haven't figured it out yet. I have tried the install in 2 different locations that are 80 miles apart at least. (which was stated on the faq to try) NO luck!
    09-05-08 08:45 PM
    I get the same "MAL Stream Error". I too have the 8330 which I just purchased mainly to use Epocrates. I have tried downloading it in 4 different places many miles apart. So I don't think it is the cell site or signal strength. Other people at work have different model Blackberries and they do not have a problem. Could this just be limited to the 8330? Maybe a setting in the phone that needs to be changed?

I would really love to get this program working!!!!
    09-07-08 03:03 PM
    I had no problems installing on my Verizon Curve 8330

09-07-08 03:37 PM
    I tried it again today and still a no go!
    09-07-08 07:31 PM
    I upgraded my OS fron v4.3 to v4.5...77 and still no luck.
    There must be a reason for this.
    09-08-08 11:20 AM
    I am running os 4.5 77 also and doesn't work when I tried today either.
    09-08-08 05:53 PM
    SUCCESS!!!
    I got epocrates to work today. I'm not exactly sure how. I opened my browser an clicked the menu button. In the menu, I picked options then browser configuration. I checked all the boxes to support everything including Java and enabled everything.
    The other thing I did was went to options-advanced options-applications-highlighted browser, then clicked the menu button on browser then select "edit default permissions".
    Here are my settings under this:
    usb-allow
    bluetooth-allow
    phone, location, company, carrier- prompt
    Under interactions, I allowed the first 5 things and deny the last 4.
    Under User data I allowed everything.

Then I reinstalled epocrates from scratch.

Now I'm not sure which of these things (if any) fixed the problem but my epocrates now works fine and I downloaded it in the same location I have tried multiple times before.
    Maybe someone else can help to narrow down exactly which of these changes fixes the problem.

I hope this post helps someone else.
    09-09-08 03:12 PM
    I tried it and still no go when changing all the options!

Wish I could get this working!
    09-09-08 04:29 PM
    you can also try this...
    install from scratch but when you do, before it actually load, there is a custom preferences section and you can allow epocrates to access anything it wants and then start the install.

I have also done the autoupdate when I got home and it worked just fine again.

Hopefully you will get it to work.
    09-09-08 04:52 PM
    Tried again....

Still a no go!
    09-09-08 06:48 PM
    What did they do in this beta version? I don't see the ability to download it to a memory card nor did they add the pill id that is already available for iphone users. *smh*
    09-11-08 07:02 AM
40 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD