Hey guys. I would like to know how I would go about downloading eOffice basic onto my blackberry? I got this phone maybe a week ago and I need to pay for microsoft word that was on my 8900 and I saw eOffice allows you to freely use Microsoft Word. Thanks!
    11-05-09 04:29 PM
    Look under Applications icon... it's called Docs-to-go... get the Premium Edition... you can edit Word Documents with that... it comes on your 8900... you just need to pay for the Premium version.
    11-05-09 06:11 PM
    Hey guys. I would like to know how I would go about downloading eOffice basic onto my blackberry? I got this phone maybe a week ago and I need to pay for microsoft word that was on my 8900 and I saw eOffice allows you to freely use Microsoft Word. Thanks!
    eOffice and Docs2Go are both applications that allow you to interface with Microsoft Excel, Word and PowerPoint docs. Docs2Go has an agreement with RIM whereby they install a standard edition of their product on all new BlackBerrys.

I did a thread on the differences between eOffice and Docs2Go sometime back and the general consensus was that the eOffice application was not well received by users here on CrackBerry. I seem to recall the pro/con spread to be something like 9 against for every 1 in favor of eOffice.

As a recommendation, I'd suggest that you take a look and see if Docs2Go isn't already installed on your 8900. If it isn't, you can go to their website and download the standard edition for free.
    11-05-09 08:22 PM
    It is installed already. It's just I am not able to create new documents or type anything without buying premium edition.
    11-06-09 05:39 PM
    Did you know that you can put a blank Word Document and Excel Spreadsheet on your SD Card and use them as templates... edit the documents with Docs-to-go and then do a Save As at the end and keep your blank template document... you don't need to buy anything... that's all with the basic Docs-to-go without buying the premium edition.
    11-06-09 05:46 PM
    1. How do I save an empty document to my SD card?
    2. If I do this and 'edit' it and keep saving new ones, this is how I would be able to use micro word?
    11-06-09 05:57 PM
    1. How do I save an empty document to my SD card?
    2. If I do this and 'edit' it and keep saving new ones, this is how I would be able to use micro word?
    1. Create a blank Word Document and a Excel Spreadsheet, then send them to your email address... save the attachments to your SD Card.

2. That is how you use Docs-to-go programs like "Word To Go" and "Sheet To Go"... if you want to call them Micro version ok, but it's Docs-to-go... and it's free on your Blackberry.
    11-06-09 06:46 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD