So for weeks I was contemplating purchasing Quicklaunch and after several weeks, I finally decided too. After I installed it and got it set up to my likings, I realized it is a pretty neat application. However, I really don't use it.
    I have the Tour and have the "3G Tour" theme set up so there is a specific location for QL (Which is nice). Yet I have dialing from homescreen enabled and I don't plan on disabling it. Therefore I find that using QL is really almost as easy for me as it is to just to find what I am really loooking for.
    I just didn't know if anyone had the same scenario as I.
    Plus, I am not ranting/raving, I just thought I would share my story to people willing to read it.
    04-15-10 12:08 PM
    Don't you ever find yourself in one application, and then need to go to another? You can use your QuickLaunch shortcuts (letter keys or convenience keys) to open or switch to the other application without needing to go back to your home screen.
    04-15-10 12:14 PM
    Well honestly, I have but only a few times, and if I do need to get to one it's usually already open so I just hold down the Menu button and switch that way. I have used QL a few times for that so that is nice.
    04-15-10 12:24 PM
    Don't you ever find yourself in one application, and then need to go to another? You can use your QuickLaunch shortcuts (letter keys or convenience keys) to open or switch to the other application without needing to go back to your home screen.
    Agreed, plus it comes with many other features too. Reset device, screen capture, flashlight, camera mute, tilt lock (only on Storm), quick web searches, gps, wifi, and bluetooth toggle, ability to leave the backlight on in an app, adjust screen brightness, web shortcuts, easy access to device info.

I'm sure I missed some, but the point is that the app is much more useful than just a shortcut maker. It incorporates many different functions in one package. It's my most used app behind BerryBuzz, which is used whenever I get a message.

I love QuickLaunch, and they consistently put out updates too.
    04-15-10 12:28 PM
    Agreed, plus it comes with many other features too. Reset device, screen capture, flashlight, camera mute, tilt lock (only on Storm), quick web searches, gps, wifi, and bluetooth toggle, ability to leave the backlight on in an app, adjust screen brightness, web shortcuts, easy access to device info.

I'm sure I missed some, but the point is that the app is much more useful than just a shortcut maker. It incorporates many different functions in one package. It's my most used app behind BerryBuzz, which is used whenever I get a message.

I love QuickLaunch, and they consistently put out updates too.
    totally agree, QL is great app, cant imagine having my device without it
    04-15-10 12:38 PM
    Well when it's described that way it does sound a lot better. Maybe I just haven't given it enough of a shot and I guess I didn't really know about all that it has to offer. I mean, i've seen those functions it has but I guess I just really thought it was for a shortcut style app.
    04-15-10 12:42 PM
    It took me a while to make use of all the functions it has to offer. There's so many things it does it can be kind of overwhelming at first. After using the app for a while you will get it customized to your personal needs, and will use it much more often.

Like I said above, it's a great app, and they do a fantastic job of updating with new features on a consistent basis.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-15-10 12:53 PM
    I have it and it's loaded with stuff, I just have to retrain myself to use it instead of going the long way to access what I need. I'll catch myself going the long way and then think, what the ****? I could just use QL.
    04-15-10 12:59 PM
    It took me a while to make use of all the functions it has to offer. There's so many things it does it can be kind of overwhelming at first. After using the app for a while you will get it customized to your personal needs, and will use it much more often.

Like I said above, it's a great app, and they do a fantastic job of updating with new features on a consistent basis.
    agree with ridesno159. it took me a while to utilize all the added features as well. the key shortcuts for each program makes it really shine, IMO.
    you should check out the A-Z review done here on CB for quicklaunch
    http://crackberry.com/quicklaunch-blackberry-z
    04-15-10 03:10 PM
    You guys convinced me, I think I'm gonna buy it too.

04-15-10 04:34 PM
    I have the 5 or 6 people that I call the most set up in QL. Very easy to make a call. Press the hotspot on the screen (storm) and then press the name.

I also have a few websites bookmarked.

Since I don't use my Media folder very much, I hide the media folder and then have a Media folder set up in QL with all the media applications in it. It keeps my app screen clean as I only keep 5 or 6 icons on my app screen.

You will be amazed at how handy the flashlight is when you really need one in a pinch.

The more you use it, the more ideas you will come up with to use it in creative ways to help you do things faster.
    04-16-10 12:57 AM
    I am not raiding on this QL project either, I'm a very satisfied customer as well, but I really don't use QL as much as I thought I would. The app is great and definately sppeds up the process but sometimes I forget its even there. Just my two cents, it is still a must have app though.

04-16-10 06:15 AM
    I've found I'm using it more the longer I have it. When I first purchased it, I didn't really use it that much. I've found it's extremely useful for switching from texting to music in the media file. I think behind berry buzz and the mobile check book app it's prob. my most used application.

Not sure if this is worth much, but I've found it's faster to bring up apps like Poynt by setting up the shortcuts rather than clicking the menu button and then scrolling down to the poynt app. I use QL a lot for quick texting. I've also found that by setting up the shortcuts, I can hide or move a lot of my apps away from the main screen so there's less.
    04-16-10 07:07 AM
    I must admit, I have used the flashlight app quite a bit. My issue is, (and sorry for not looking it up, just figure I will ask on here) I went ahead and turned off "Dial from Homescreen" but now if I want to make a call, through quicklaunch how would I do that? Because I have "Call" on it but nothing happens when I click it.
    04-16-10 07:08 AM
    Press the green button.

I should add that I don't have "Call" as one of my quicklaunch app choices. You can set up quicklaunch with shortcuts to call specific numbers. (Add Items>Phone Call, etc.)

Whether or not Dial from Home Screen is On or Off, you can use your keys as speed dial keys.
    Last edited by ttfmaep; 04-16-10 at 07:24 AM.
    04-16-10 07:19 AM
    Oh ok, well now I feel dumb. But thank you!
    04-16-10 07:54 AM
    I am not raiding on this QL project either, I'm a very satisfied customer as well, but I really don't use QL as much as I thought I would. The app is great and definately sppeds up the process but sometimes I forget its even there. Just my two cents, it is still a must have app though.

i know what you mean. as most have stated, i was like that as well. if you aren't already, make sure you're utilizing the the hotkey feature for the listings in ur QL list.
    like for flash light: set it to 'F' ...so you hit spacebar(or whatever ur set it to) & then hit F ... BAM opens flashlight. spacebar... & then hit P for pandora. etc..

once i started to set my most used apps to whatever hotkey i gave it, my usage of the app definitely increased
    04-16-10 08:13 AM
    I've set it up so I only have 4 icons on my home screen. QL gets me everything else. Wouldn't be without it.
    04-16-10 08:20 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD