I tried it a while back. It sucked and was really wreaking havoc with my multiple gmail accounts (ie emails ending up in the wrong places).

Is it any better now? I would like to be able to label and then archive stuff on my phone instead of waiting to get back to the office to re-read the same emails.
    02-14-10 01:35 PM
    I use it and have no issues
    02-14-10 02:34 PM
    I've been trying to use it, but can't get it to actually DO anything. I've tried battery pulls, reinstalling the plugin, deleting and re-adding my Gmail account... but the menu never shows anything but the same old options.
    02-14-10 05:35 PM
    I've been trying to use it, but can't get it to actually DO anything. I've tried battery pulls, reinstalling the plugin, deleting and re-adding my Gmail account... but the menu never shows anything but the same old options.
    I've been having the same issues. I haven't been able to use it since I started using 5.0.0.419. I'm going to try it with 5.0.0.484.

Posted from my BlackBerry using BerryBlab
    02-14-10 06:32 PM
    I have never had luck getting it to anything, including on the upgrade 5.0.0.484; so I finally found out how to delete it - and promptly gained 2MB in file space and a little better battery life. Who needs it.
    02-14-10 06:45 PM
    I have never had luck getting it to anything, including on the upgrade 5.0.0.484; so I finally found out how to delete it - and promptly gained 2MB in file space and a little better battery life. Who needs it.
    How do I do delete it? Thanks
    02-14-10 07:52 PM
    I use it, I don't know if its worth the memory and battery drain since its always running

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-14-10 10:48 PM
    All you got to do is download the gmail app from google.com/mobile. Then you can sign in, read trash, sent mail, inbox, spam, or whatever. And you can do everything you can do on the computer. Not sure if this is the same as the one you're talking about.

And it takes up like no memory and doesn't run all the time. You can exit it and use the email on your BB. Then when you need to see something like you do on your computer just click the app and log on. Then when you're done exit it.
    02-15-10 01:30 AM
    he's referring to the advanced gmail plug in not the app, the plug in actually works with your phones native email viewing application, you can use all these features from inside your email inbox/outbox on your phone

02-15-10 02:48 AM
    he's referring to the advanced gmail plug in not the app, the plug in actually works with your phones native email viewing application, you can use all these features from inside your email inbox/outbox on your phone

Yeah, I never tried it. But if it takes up memory and runs all the time why not just get the gmail app? And then when you need to do one of these things just go to the app. That's what I do. Because if an email just comes to me and I want to read and reply I don't need the app open. I just do it with BB. But if I do need to do more I go to the app.
    02-15-10 03:03 PM
    How do I do delete it? Thanks
    Sorry, I didn't see this til now:
    To remove gmail plug-in from your phone in OS 5

first install Crackutil to your computer. Do not open it though, until AFTER you hav connected your phone to your computer. If you are using Windows 7 to do this, you must right click over the Crackutil icon and choose Run As Administrator.

http://forums.crackberry.com/attachm...-crackutil.zip

Open Crackutil (as administrator)

1. Click on File Manipulation - INTERMEDIATE
    2. Click Retrieve File Listing
    3. Highlight "net_rim_bb_gmail" in the list
    4. Click Remove File from Device

Your Blackberry will reboot. You now have 2 more COD's to remove

Do the same thing for the other 2 net_rim_bb_gmail COD's, one at a time. The phone will not reboot after their removal.

net_rim_bb_gmail_resource_en

net_rim_bb_gmail_help_en

if you also have a .cod called "net_rim_bb_gmail_resource_fr" , remove that too.

After these 3 .cods are removed, close down Crackutil, and remove phone and re-boot it.
    02-19-10 08:34 AM
    All I did to get rid of it was go into the applications folder under settings and delete it. Not nearly as complicated as what some of you are describing you had to do...

I did try it again. Like last time, it worked horribly. I can only assume its due to the fact that I am monitoring multiple gmail accounts. It probably works better with a single gmail account.
    02-21-10 04:39 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD