Just came out. I downloaded it and as usual with such apps I can't figure out what the point is what does it offer that one click on a browser doesn't. I understand apps that draw info based on gps or display info on the homescreen but what's the point of this?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-08-10 11:50 AM
    where did you download it from?
    01-08-10 12:02 PM
    Their website

01-08-10 12:18 PM
    Thanks. Link below for anyone else that may want to download it as well:

The Engadget app is now available for BlackBerry! -- Engadget
    01-08-10 12:19 PM
    Well, OP. It's not compatible with the Storm2, so i wasn't able to play around with it to help you answer you question. But judging from the screen shots in comparison to how the webpage looked on my phone, the app looks better. I don't know what else. Hopefully someone with a BB with a physical keyboard can help you better.
    01-08-10 12:25 PM
    It's buggy on OS 5.419 Tour. Scrolling to select latest stories selects up to 5 at once.
    01-08-10 12:27 PM
    Gorgeous app. Couple little flaws, but otherwise a nice app.
    01-08-10 12:35 PM
    So are to saying its an aesthetic thing?

01-08-10 12:38 PM
    Just downloaded and it works pretty good for me.
    01-08-10 12:40 PM
    So are to saying its an aesthetic thing?

notrly. it's more than just a link to their mobile website. it's actually set up much like the blackberry app world as far as aesthetics and function. compared to their mobile site, i prefer it, despite the highlighting bug.

but hey, they didnt bother to create in hopes of making only you happy. if u dont find it useful, just delete it.
    01-08-10 12:46 PM
    i know that I was just genuinely interested in what people seem to like these apps. I had no intention of being offensive.

01-08-10 01:15 PM
    notrly. it's more than just a link to their mobile website. it's actually set up much like the blackberry app world as far as aesthetics and function. compared to their mobile site, i prefer it, despite the highlighting bug.
    boo-ya. I like engadget.com, and this app cleans it up for me. The highlighting bug is kind of annoying though.
    Last edited by thosialg08; 01-08-10 at 01:19 PM.
    01-08-10 01:17 PM
    Couple bugs for 5.0 but it is a great app, especially since it came out during CES - Very useful

OP - It's a much easier and more conducive experience to use the app rather than Engadget's mobile site.
    01-09-10 02:44 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD