Dear All,
    Empower HTML Mail Viewer Pro has a new upgrade. The latest version 3.5 is available for all BlackBerry devices on OS 4.5 and above.

Please update your copies from www.getempower.com or OTA at www.getempower.com/ota

Thanks,
    Ani.
    Last edited by ani; 12-18-09 at 07:48 AM. Reason: URL expansion
    12-18-09 03:45 AM
    Ani

Thanks for the heads up, I am an Empower Pro owner, however I have not installed it on my 9700.

I was just wondering, what are the benefits of Empower Pro now that BIS displays full HTML in all emails now?

Thanks a lot
    12-18-09 07:46 AM
    You are absolutely right.. HTML support was introduced by RIM with BIS 2.6 update, which almost everyone now has. Now the same html mail can be shown by different clients in different ways.. What Outlook shows is different than what Gmail or Yahoo shows..

The native RIM app offers black text on a plain background, where images don't load up by default and the header takes up about 30% screen-space.. EMV offers you a choice of different backgrounds and fonts colors and style. It auto loads images for you. And shows a redesigned header where more info is shown in less space.. You have inbuilt support for AddTo Calendar and AddTo Task. Given these benefits, I think its something you should definitely give it a shot..

Best,
    Ani.
    12-18-09 08:07 AM
    You are absolutely right.. HTML support was introduced by RIM with BIS 2.6 update, which almost everyone now has. Now the same html mail can be shown by different clients in different ways.. What Outlook shows is different than what Gmail or Yahoo shows..

The native RIM app offers black text on a plain background, where images don't load up by default and the header takes up about 30% screen-space.. EMV offers you a choice of different backgrounds and fonts colors and style. It auto loads images for you. And shows a redesigned header where more info is shown in less space.. You have inbuilt support for AddTo Calendar and AddTo Task. Given these benefits, I think its something you should definitely give it a shot..

Best,
    Ani.
    Thats a great explanation. Seeing as how I have already paid for it, I may as well at least test it out again and see which I prefer.

Thanks a lot!
    12-18-09 08:08 AM

Best,
    Ani.
    I wondered about this as well. Thanks for the elaboration. I just might have to check it out.
    12-18-09 08:17 AM
    I'm such a sucker! Tried the program out and then promptly bought it at a good price! Thanks for the sale, Ani.
    12-18-09 11:22 AM
    I'm so glad this as finally been updated. Now I just need a new registration code for my new device. I had the pro ver.

Thanks Ani
    12-18-09 11:56 AM
    Thanks for updating this... I've been waiting
    for a while for the update.
    Downloaded the update the other day and it has
    been working great. Thanks again.
    12-18-09 02:27 PM
    I'm so glad this as finally been updated. Now I just need a new registration code for my new device. I had the pro ver.

Thanks Ani
    If you ordered through Mobihand, just redownload it, it will switch the PIN on Mobihand, thats all I did.
    12-18-09 02:30 PM

Best,
    Ani.
    How is this different from just selecting Get Images from email menu? How does Empower get around the security risk of having Images? When ever I have used the Get Images feature of the email for my Tour, I get the standard HTML email with all the fixings just fine. My only hesitation is that when I click on the Get Images feature, an alert comes up warning me about revealing my internet addresss. My interest in Empower's HTML Email app is to get around that warning, but if that warning or that risk that warning is telling you about still exists with the Empower app, then what's the point of paying $30 (or $10 until December 31 as per your Mega Sale ) for something you can already get for free?

I can't test it out because I guess I downloaded a trial a while back and the time ran out before I could really put it to test. So, please advise. Thanks.
    12-18-09 05:40 PM
    How is this different from just selecting Get Images from email menu? How does Empower get around the security risk of having Images? When ever I have used the Get Images feature of the email for my Tour, I get the standard HTML email with all the fixings just fine. My only hesitation is that when I click on the Get Images feature, an alert comes up warning me about revealing my internet addresss. My interest in Empower's HTML Email app is to get around that warning, but if that warning or that risk that warning is telling you about still exists with the Empower app, then what's the point of paying $30 (or $10 until December 31 as per your Mega Sale ) for something you can already get for free?

I can't test it out because I guess I downloaded a trial a while back and the time ran out before I could really put it to test. So, please advise. Thanks.
    Dear trjnberry,
    You are right about the security risk of having images. This is exactly why EMV gives you the option to automatically Load Images or Show them as link (atleast to know from where the images are coming from). You can even strip them completely off your email. Finally, images can also be loaded On Demand like Get Images from email menu in native viewer.

So, EMV gives it's users complete freedom and control over images in their emails. I think these choices gain more importance as BlackBerry moves from being a Business phone to a widely used consumer device.

The best way would be to take the free trial of the app and try it yourself. Trial extension is no issue, just drop a note to [email protected] with your device PIN and the trial will be extended.

Best,
    Ani
    12-19-09 02:01 AM
    Dear trjnberry,
    You are right about the security risk of having images. This is exactly why EMV gives you the option to automatically Load Images or Show them as link (atleast to know from where the images are coming from). You can even strip them completely off your email. Finally, images can also be loaded On Demand like Get Images from email menu in native viewer.

So, EMV gives it's users complete freedom and control over images in their emails. I think these choices gain more importance as BlackBerry moves from being a Business phone to a widely used consumer device.

The best way would be to take the free trial of the app and try it yourself. Trial extension is no issue, just drop a note to [email protected] with your device PIN and the trial will be extended.

Best,
    Ani
    Thanks, Ani. I'll do that. With your mega sale going on until December 31, I am very interested in picking up this app if it'll do what I want it to do. So, I'll be sending you a note with my PIN to extend the trial to try it out.
    12-19-09 02:50 AM
    Native Blackberry HTML email is horrendous. I will pay to get a program that renders HTML email better than Blackberry does.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-19-09 04:36 AM
    I just bought this app about 30 seconds after getting the trial. At the discounted price you almost have to jump on this one.
    Everything is so organized and soooo much prettier.
    Thanks for the Christmas present.

12-19-09 06:28 AM
    I don't recall liking your program as much during my first trial, but the updated version does what I need it to do. It made such a difference with all the HTML emails I got, that coupled with a blockbuster holiday sale, I just couldn't pass on it. Love the app!
    12-20-09 02:12 AM
    I really liked it when I was on my 8830. I had forgotten all the features since switching to my Tour, but love having header options (different colors for each account and smaller header). I'm glad to have this running again!

12-20-09 07:15 AM
    I just purchased this application perhaps two days ago, and i noticed that i have a nasty leak happening here. I have the storm two, latest OS. I normally bottom level at 122.1mgs but since I installed this, I'm currently at 114mg, now 113.8mg now and dropping. I never seen anything like this. Is this thing always running in the background?
    12-20-09 04:31 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD