Is the trial version of Empower HTML Email Viewer trial a full version? What limitations does it have? How long does it last?

Thanx in advance
    Last edited by anon(153966); 04-13-08 at 06:39 AM. Reason: ...edited the title.
    04-12-08 11:01 AM
    I'm pretty sure it is the full version. The only thing that changes when you buy it is that your PIN is registered with them and the license is updated. It lasts 30 days, afaik.
    04-13-08 03:41 AM
    Yes, full version. Why don't you download it, and try it...

It really is worth the money...
    04-13-08 06:40 AM
    thanx for the heads up i will give it a shot.
    04-13-08 11:33 AM
    Ya full version and the trial is for 30 days...And it's awesome....Full value for money...
    04-13-08 01:55 PM
    I am trying out the Empower Email Viewer. Some emails are still showing link not image. An email from Vanguard doesn't even get switched to HTML. Is this the way it is, or should I try the other email viewer? Thanks.
    05-22-08 07:24 PM
    It just says trial version at the bottom of all your emails when you open them. It is the full version like everyone above me has mentioned.

Highly recommended program. It one of those that you forget you have installed but go crazy if you had to live without it. 10/10 in my opinion.
    05-22-08 07:33 PM
    I have empower pro, and I love it, worth the money, try it out!
    05-22-08 07:36 PM
    Like others have said, have the pro and worth the price
    05-22-08 09:30 PM
    By now you get the point. Try it you'll love it.
    Could not imagine my BB without it.
    05-22-08 09:52 PM
    Is the new BB os suposed to have support for html email? I would hate to drop $30 on empower only to have RIM release an updated OS a few months down the road. Also, how easy is it to transfer the license from one BB to another? I might need to get my curve swapped out because of a funky "w" key.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-22-08 10:04 PM
    If I decide to purchase empower after giving it a try for the 30-day trial period...will I have it on my device forever after it is purchased for the $30 or so it sells for?

Also, how is it forever? Is it attached through the pin on the device or something? So if I were to sell my curve in the future; will empower be installed on it permanently so that I can possibly use that as an added selling point; for example; 'oh and along with the curve being an awesome device, i also had installed empower on it a a year and a half ago."
    05-24-08 05:53 PM
    Empower is locked to your phone by its PIN. The version you buy will only run on that particular phone.

If you change you phone, all you have to do is to email Empower and giv them your oldPIN and your newPIN and they will update their database.

On your new phone, you download Empower once more and instal it on the new phone.

Lastly, you run the re-register wizard within Empower and the newPIN now becomes the active PIN.

Empower will respond to your email request for change to say that they have made the neccessary update to their customer database and only then should you run the wizard.

I know this because I used to have a Pearl with Empower, then I bought a Titanium Curve and sold it. Now I have a Crimson Curve and Empower has followed me across all 3 phones successfully and I have only ever bouhgt one license.

Empower now has expired Trial status on my old Pearl.
    05-24-08 06:28 PM
    What's nice too is that you'll be able to have full use of the trial on your new phone till they update the pin on their side, and you can update your registration.

I had to exchange my phone, and emailed them right away. The very next day they had updated it. =)
    05-24-08 07:23 PM
    Yup! empower will give you a new registration if you switch devices, did it about 2 weeks ago now..

PS: Only PRO is supported by 4.3/4.5..standard will not work.
    Last edited by Bla1ze; 05-24-08 at 07:40 PM.
    05-24-08 07:36 PM
    Fwiw the basic version of Empower is only $9.99... works fine for me.
    05-24-08 08:29 PM
    brtriggs; anyone else...can you send me a direct link to where I cant get that $9.99 basic version of empower? I went to empower's website and I can't find that price.

thanks.
    05-26-08 07:04 PM
    Here ya go:

getempower(dot)com/Empower_HTML_Mail_Viewer.php
    05-26-08 07:20 PM
    I have the pro version, and I must say I like it, but there seems to be some random emails that do not show in HTML, I hav verified all setting and nothing I can do displays them in HTML

Any suggestions?
    Last edited by oaussieo; 06-12-08 at 04:56 PM.
    06-12-08 04:50 PM
    this app is good, but I think I was expecting a lot out of it. I'm still in my trail use, but I can't get maybe like 80% of my e-mails to show pictures.

My e-mails don't show up nothing like how they have the examples
    06-13-08 07:32 PM
    I'm certainly curious EXACTLY what the differences between the Basic and the Pro are.

I don't know that I need to convert email data to calendar appointments and such....

Mostly just wanna read without the tags, see images, and follow links.
    06-13-08 07:54 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD