Hi All,

Now that InstaSpell is out, we have something new for you!

Empower BES MailBox allows you to view your Work Emails separately from all other Emails.

OTA: http://www.getempower.com/bes/ebm.php
    PC-DM: http://www.getempower.com/bes/Empower_BES_MailBox.zip

No more getting your Work emails cluttered (lost) in the plethora of BIS, PIN, SMS and Browser messages.

Let us know your thoughts about it.

Thanks!
    Ani.
    09-14-07 02:22 AM
    I think this thread is about to blow UP! People are going to eat this up. Nice work, Ani...

Edit: Ok, I've downloaded it, and the install worked (OTA) fine. But, I did a test, I sent myself a BES email, and the notification came into MESSAGES. I want to confirm, is that basically by design? I take it the BES email icon is really so I can just SEE all my BES emails in one place, not so much a thing of receiving the notification on the BES icon, right?
    Last edited by anon(153966); 09-14-07 at 03:31 AM.
    09-14-07 03:13 AM
    I think this thread is about to blow UP! People are going to eat this up. Nice work, Ani...

Edit: Ok, I've downloaded it, and the install worked (OTA) fine. But, I did a test, I sent myself a BES email, and the notification came into MESSAGES. I want to confirm, is that basically by design? I take it the BES email icon is really so I can just SEE all my BES emails in one place, not so much a thing of receiving the notification on the BES icon, right?
    This is by design -- for now, anyway. Ani indicated on another forum a couple days back that the feature would be added to the next version of the BES Messages beta "within a day or two".
    09-14-07 09:07 AM
    Dear All,

We have a new release of BES MailBox. Version 1.0 - your feature suggestions included. And then some more

Enhancements:

1. Folder based alert - Now you can select important Folders for yourself and we will sound an alert on arrival of new email! Look for "BES Messages" under Options and select the Folders that are important to you for a sound alert. Please note this option is NOT ENABLED by default. Also, the tone for the alert can be set under an entry named "BES Messages" in profiles.

2. The much requested Icon notification is also here. App icon will change when a new email is received. The new mail indication in the icon will be cleared when either the app is opened, or the latest message is opened (using BES MailBox or the native app)

3. Integration with native Message app: now you can also launch your BES MailBox from inside the native Messages app. So now, while you still have a dedicated BES MailBox icon on the HomeScreen, if you have already opened the native Messages app, you dont have to go back to HomeScreen - just click on the menu item "BES MailBox".

To Upgrade: Please uninstall the previous versions before installing the new version. Download links remain same.

OTA: http://www.getEmpower.com/bes/ebm.php
    PC-DM: http://getempower.com/bes/Empower_BES_MailBox.zip

Also to top it, we have a 5-day inaugural discount of 30% for all crackberry users. Please use the code BES-CB when you order. Also, if you know someone who you think may be interested in such a product, pls let them know of the offer as it lasts only till Monday.

Thanks!
    Ani.
    Last edited by ani; 09-19-07 at 12:50 PM. Reason: Upgrade Method
    09-19-07 12:23 PM
    Ok, I just tried to install this latest version via OTA. But, my device hung, and I had to do a battery pull...

Was I suppose to uninstall the previous version, before installing this one?
    09-19-07 12:38 PM
    Sorry, Yes. Let me also edit the release post.
    09-19-07 12:44 PM
    This may be the best app I've downloaded for the BB yet. Works perfect, all my coworkers are going to hear about it.
    09-19-07 03:21 PM
    This may be the best app I've downloaded for the BB yet. Works perfect, all my coworkers are going to hear about it.
    Thank you
    09-23-07 01:38 AM
    I went to install the .alx file using my Blackberry Application Loader and it said that "No additional programs designed for your device were found" when I go to Add and then click no the .alx file. What am I doing wrong?
    10-08-07 02:09 PM
    I went to install the .alx file using my Blackberry Application Loader and it said that "No additional programs designed for your device were found" when I go to Add and then click no the .alx file. What am I doing wrong?
    lilly - this is a RIM documented error. Pls read.

http://www.blackberry.com/btsc/searc...rnalId=KB05317

It occurs when the Version of your Desktop Manager is older than the OS Version of the Handheld. This can happen for ex, if you upgraded your BlackBerry but forgot to upgrade the Desktop Manager. The best way to solve this issue is to install the latest DM for your handheld. That way you will be able to enjoy not only Empower but most of other 3rd party apps as well!

As for Empower BES MailBox - you can also do an OTA download directly on your device. For this, point your BlackBerry Browser to http://www.getEmpower.com/bes/ebm.php

Thanks!
    Ani.
    10-09-07 11:12 PM
    I've downloaded Empower BES Mailbox via my Desktop Manager and using the link provided in the above post.

I consistently get confirmation that all is good (ie, downloaded successfully), but no BES-specific folder appears on my BBY. I am able to go to Messages => Menu and select BES Mailbox to filter out my personal emails from my work emails, but it would be nice to have that BES-only folder.

Has anyone else experienced such an issue after downloading the app?
    04-09-08 11:01 PM
    i have a problem after installing this app....
    i try to email my self on BES and BIS, and yes the bis inboxes are on "Messages" but BES message didn't come in? how can it be?
    06-08-08 02:30 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD