I emailed Pandora about the app not working on my 9930, and once I got them to realize I was talking about a new device I got this response.

"Hi there,

Sorry about that. You're absolutely right. I just checked with the team. We're aware of this issue and we're working on it. I'm not sure about timing, but we're working as fast we can so you can get Pandora on your phone.

Thanks so much for your patience in the meantime!
    Best,
    Martha
    Listener Support
    PANDORA� internet radio"
    08-17-11 04:46 PM
    Thanks. Great news.
    08-17-11 05:06 PM
    awesome news!
    08-17-11 05:17 PM
    This is the email I received from Pandora...

Dear Sirs,

I am interested in purchasing a Blackberry Bold 9930 which runs on OS 7 and
    from what I am reading, Pandora does not work with OS 7. When do you expect
    to have an update so that Pandora will work on OS 7?

Response:
    AUG 17, 2011 | 10:42AM PDT
    Hi,

I'm not sure when and if we will be available on OS 7. Stay tuned and thanks for your patience in the meantime.
    Best,
    David
    Listener Support
    PANDORA� internet radio
    Last edited by ifxbandit; 08-17-11 at 05:22 PM. Reason: Make correction
    Guatiao likes this.
    08-17-11 05:20 PM
    This sucks. I just saw this post, I love pandora (use it hours daily) and sad that my new berry won't have it. Hopefully it'll be here soon

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-17-11 05:31 PM
    How bout on the 9900? Can anyone with the gsm 9900 confirm there is no pandora in the app store?
    08-17-11 05:39 PM
    There are too many apps that don't work on this device I hope rim is working with the developers get more apps soon.

08-17-11 05:42 PM
    I just got a Torch 9810. So far, Amazon MP3 player, Pandora, a leveler/ruler app I have, and the Fixmo toolset are all unavailable for OS7. :-\
    08-23-11 03:11 PM
    It will take a bit of time, but contact the developers and given the release of OS 7 devices around the world we should be seeing more apps I hope. My biggest concern is developers may stop supporting the "old" BB OS as RIM moves towards QNX "new" BB OS. That would be a really kick in the balz.
    08-23-11 08:27 PM
    Pandora got where they are because they are VERY responsive to what their listeners want. There are lots of BB models coming out w. OS7. I am surprised they weren't working on this before release. (Or, maybe, they were but like many other app developers, just didn't have it given to them in time.)
    ...mike
    We like Pandora so much, both wife and I have been paid subscribers for 3 years. First used it on a 8320. We plug phone into AUX port in cars to listen to Pandora.

Edit: I used to know a couple people who work on the tech side, there. I'll try contacting them and get a firm response. Pandora HQ is 4 blocks from us in Oakland.
    Guatiao likes this.
    08-23-11 09:37 PM
    There are too many apps that don't work on this device I hope rim is working with the developers get more apps soon.

Ha, I'm still waiting for the PayPal app to work on OS6.
    08-23-11 10:11 PM
    Josh | Pandora
    AUG 24, 2011 | 07:57AM PDT
    Hi David,

Sorry about that. We're aware of this issue and we're working on it. Thanks so much for your patience in the meantime.

Best Regards,

Josh M

Listener Support
    PANDORA� internet radio
    08-24-11 10:14 AM
    Woot. Tossed them an email a few minutes ago before I found this thread. I hope lots of attention will make them produce apps that we need. Now lets hope Amazon doesn't **** us around and cut Kindle support as well.
    08-24-11 09:03 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD