I am new to this so will you please bear with me. I have an email account on my Blackberry and also my Facebook account. When I first got it they set it up for me in the shop and it worked fine and has been doing so for several months. However, the other day I was asked to upgrade Facebook which I did. Since I have done this the following has happened. Notifications from FB go to BOTH my email and my FB messages whereas before they only went to my FB messages. How can I get it back to how it was?? Please can you explain in ***** terms as I am not very techie. Thanks very much in advance
    08-26-10 05:21 PM
    Hey Amber - welcome to Crackberry

I believe this should be a simple fix for you. Go to your Facebook Application, press the Menu Button (the button to the left of the trackpad) and say Options. From there, scroll down just a little bit and you will see a check box named Facebook Notifications. If you read, if that is check you will not receive facebook emails. However if that is not checked you still receive both email and facebook application notifications.

Does that make sense? If not, please ask! Let us know if that fixed your problem. If not, we will try some other things.
    08-26-10 06:18 PM
    It does make perfect sense but I want to receive FB notifications but not on the FB app and my email. Before I used to receive the notifications on the FB app and not my personal email. How do I get it back to that, what have I done??? Just be like me to click something I shouldn't have
    08-26-10 07:22 PM
    It does make perfect sense but I want to receive FB notifications but not on the FB app and my email. Before I used to receive the notifications on the FB app and not my personal email. How do I get it back to that, what have I done??? Just be like me to click something I shouldn't have
    Right, did what I post earlier not fix your problem?
    08-26-10 07:41 PM
    Thank you, now I have another little problem re my email. I don't get any sound when I receive an email. I have checked volume and all the advanced options but no sound or vibration happens. Thanks in advance again
    08-27-10 08:17 PM
    First - pull your battery out and reboot the phone. See if that works first. (You could send yourself an email or something).

If that still doesn't work go to your icon page. You should see an icon that looks like a speaker. Click on it and scroll down to Set Ringtones/Alert. Click on that, then on the screen that pops up say Messages. From there you should see a line that has your email address on it. Click on it and you can change the ringtone and such there.
    08-27-10 08:23 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD